Monday, February 1, 2016


Yeah Missionary Work!!!!

Wassup Family?!?! It's good to hear that you are all doing decently well. Mother, I will get that information about the camera to you as soon as possible and no, we don’t have much snow up here. We get a small storm here and there, but basically it's springtime up here now. Today especially was SUPER warm. And I have not seen Abigail yet, but supposedly a bunch of other people in my Zone have, so I'm super pumped. Florrencia is great. She's sitting right here next to me. Right now. Que bonito. My companion plays the guitar really well too, so it gets played quite a bit. I actually played for sacrament last week (I'll mention that later in the email). And good luck with all the nursing stuff.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RON!!! Yeah, now you can go drink and stuff. Woohoo!!! I mean, Word of Wisdom!!! Hope it's a good one.
Dang it Logan, why you got to be going round breaking your right ankle like that. I'm telling you, have girls help you, they'll be more than willing. I definitely was a teacher's pet to Ms. Wright. She was ze best!! You'll find that a lot of your teachers will come to be close friends, because they're a lot more mature than the other chumps in that school. And sucking up to them gets you good grades!! Yeah! Sorry about driving. Driving’s lame anyways, just take the bus and the subway, that’s what I do. :) That’s super cool that you got to play for a piano competition with Tommy. You realize he got superiors because you were there. Jajajaja. Just kidding...maybe. Well, good luck with the ankle and with classes.
Good work Micah. That's more points than I've ever made playing basketball. That's super cool.
So this week was packed with craziness. And miracles. So many miracles. The first miracle happened when we met with Jay, our New Convert, and we found out that he had gone to and did work for the dead at the temple. WHAT?!?!?! He doesn't have the Priesthood and he hadn't gotten a temple recommend yet, but our bishop, being the man he is, said it was alright. So he went and did baptisms for the dead for the first time. It was such a surprise to us when he started asking us questions about the 12 oxen and the baptismal font. CRAZINESS!!! And then the day after that we found out one of our investigators has a divorce date.               YAY DIVORCE!!!...let me explain. He wants to get married to his current girlfriend (and they have a baby boy) but he needed to get divorced from his first wife, first. So he can get married, then baptized!!!!! He's SO solid. He's giving up his current job (a tattoo artist) and a lot of his past habits to be baptized. Such a Man. On top of those, this week we got 6 new people to teach (and baptize) and I gave a talk in sacrament meeting on temple work (in Spanish) and I played the guitar and all the missionaries in our ward sang for that sacrament meeting. It was SUPER FUN!!! Also, today we went to Costco. :) And later we ended up going to a Sheik Temple (a religioun in Punjab, India [break of of the Hindu religion]) and getting a tour and eating delicious Sheik food. It was super different and fun.
One thing that was absolutely fantastic that we did a lot this week was meet with members and help them do missionary work. I really thought about the Spanish phrase "mi casa es tu casa." Roughly translated to "my house is your house." :) And it's SO TRUE!!! Every time we have a dinner appointment, they say, "don't worry, you're in your house, sit down, eat food." Sometimes missionary work is stressful and these times we have to settle down and visit the families in our ward is such a blessing. It reminds me of the theme of my farewell talk about living in the moment with the people around you. It's SO true!!! Just enjoy the moment, when you're in it. Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment