Tuesday, January 26, 2016

HELLOOOOO!!!

Haha. I remember performing Dr. Seuss stuff. I was the angry man in Green Eggs and Ham. Funny stuff. I'm glad all is well back home and that everyone is enjoying Asian food and Dog food. Speaking of Asian Food, something crazy my companion and I tried last week was Dragon Fruit. It was on sale for Chinese New Years, so we bought some. If you look up some pictures, it looks super crazy on the outside and the inside is super white and seedy. It basically tasted like a bland kiwi. Super seedy, and little flavor. But we still have the skin because it looks super cool. I'm glad Sophie is enjoying ice skating. I wish I could go up here (we're like in Hockey Capital and I can't even go ice skating!! Crazy!! And I'm glad you're enjoying all the little babies, Mom. Just a little jealous. And I'm jealous about the snow. We haven't had any up here. At least any that stays. It flurries sometimes but everything melts by the next day. Super upsetting.
This week was very fun, though. Last Monday, Elder Cox and I went Extreme Guitar Shopping. We traveled all around downtown and went to 3 guitar shops. Then we got Poutine at Smokes. Which I got the SLAUGHTERHOUSE Wow Size (which isn't even on the menu). It consists of all of their meats and gravies poured into one beautiful creation. It was delicious. Then after Smokes, we went to one more Guitar Shop, which is where I fell in love with my new guitar. Her name is Florrencia (she's Colombian). I would send you pictures...but I can't. :( The bummer thing is that I can only play it on P-days. So that'll probably take up the rest of my day today. Other than that, this week we watched a Missionary Broadcast where a few General Authorities addressed all the missionaries around the world. It was very good. Also, we had some fantastic lessons and ate some great food.
Sometimes, it's absolutely crazy how the Lord prepares people for you. We've been working with this part member couple a lot lately. We've been working with the boyfriend for his baptism but the problem is that they're living together, with a newborn, and they're not married. They're working on marrriage plans, but we decided to commit them to live the Law of Chastity yesterday. It was kind of scary, because how could I (an 18 year old punk kid) tell these two parents that they've been breaking the commandments and that they should stop what they've been doing. It went absolutely incredible. They were absolutely down for obeying the law, and they even cracked some jokes and came up with specific things to do to help them keep it. It Was CRAZY!!! It just strengthened my testimony that God does prepare people to receive these messages and that with the Holy Ghost, miracles can happen. It's incredible. Well I hope all is well back home and that you're all enjoying the snow. Love ya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment