Tuesday, January 5, 2016

THERE CAN BE MIRACLES, WHEN YOU BELIEVE!!!!!

Hello family. I am doing wonderfully. The snow has been on and off here. The weather's been weird. Right now there are no clouds out and the sun is shining, but it's supposed to go down to -22 degrees Celsius. So SUPER COLD. I'm just glad I have Timmys. And scarves. They're ze BEST!! (name that movie). I'm glad to hear everyone is getting a good strong start on schooling again. I hope that Logan hasn't let you take down the Christmas stuff yet, because we haven't. Some guy on the bus wished me a Merry Christmas yesterday. I was so happy. Christmas will never die!!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE!!!! I hope it's awesome. Nine's a great age. Eat good cake. I hope all is going well. So I am using my companion's camera to take all the pictures and get them on the computer, so I'm not using mine at all. And with transfers coming up, one of us is probably going to leave, so a cord would definitely be nice. Mine has a memory card, so if you could get me a memory card to USB converter, that would work out great. I've tried to look for some up here, but I haven't come across any.  Also question Mom, so you really like the Cadbury Crunch up here. Is that the seafoam covered in chocolate candy bar because those are Cadbury Crunchies, and they were on sale last week, so I bought 4 for 2 dollars. So Good!! Also, for New Years Eve, we invited another companionship over and we made lots of good food. And then at midnight, we jumped around and danced and hugged and the first thing I did in 2016 was...drink a cup of Tim Horton's Hot Chocolate!!!!! Pretty Canadian, eh? It was fantastic, and I'm pumped for the new year.
Like I said before, we witnessed some miracles this week. Because it was New Year’s week, we didn't have a lot of people that wanted to meet with us, or open their doors for us. But this last Sunday, the mission had a group fast for the mission, and the miracles just started coming. So, on Sunday we had a ton of people show up, including two new investigators and one new returning member, that some active members brought in (as friends or family), and we were able to set up appointments with all of them and get new people to teach!!!! Crazy Incredible!!! Also, we had a baptism planned for this Saturday, but we weren't able to get in contact with Jay (the investigator) for over a week. We had gone over to meet with his family, but he had gone out with friends, so we weren't able to talk with him. We were SUPER freaked out. But last Sunday, we were able to get in contact with him through his Mom's phone, and we found out that he had broken his own phone, and it was being repaired, and he's still set for being baptized this Saturday!!!!! WE'RE SO PUMPED!!!!! First Baptism in the Mission!! I'll send you all pictures of how it went next Monday. ;)
So I can testify that fasting really is an incredible way to bring miracles into our lives. In doing this, we show God that we are willing to follow his Gospel and his will, and in turn, he opens up the windows of Heavens for us and allows the blessings to come into our lives. It's INCREDIBLE!!! I can also testify that sometimes, we need not worry so much about life, because if we're doing it the Lord's way, things will work out. If we are keeping the commandments in life and being obedient to the Lord, we will NEVER FAIL!!!! I love you all and hope you had an incredible New Year’s Eve. LOVES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment