Tuesday, January 19, 2016

BAPTISM. MMMMMMMMMMM...
(inside joke in the mission :)

So. This last week we finally had the baptism!!!!! YEAH BUDDY!!! It was SO GOOD!! My new companion and I were the two witnesses and we were able to participate in the Confirmation. And hopefully next Sunday he'll be getting the Aaronic Priesthood. Fingers Crossed. It was SO good though. Elder Bahr actually ended up being able to come. But my new Companion is Elder Cox and he is SO COOL!!! He's got about 3 months left on the mission so he's super experienced and he's from Butte, Montana (not sure if that's anywhere near where Dad was born). The one problem we have is that we're always talking so much and not getting any sleep. So...not much a problem. Today, we're going Downtown to do some Poutine and Guitar shopping so I'm SUPER PUMPED!!!!
Yeah, early church is the best. Ours is at 1:00 so we're on the opposite side of the spectrum. That's super fun that you get to work with the Sackett kids. We have SO MANY adorable kids in our ward. It's really difficult for me because I'm so used to playing with little kids and we can't exactly do that as missionaries :( Also, it makes me want to have kids... So trunky. ;) Marriage. Mmmmmmmmm... But right now I'm just set on getting everyone else married. Because the biggest problem we have in this area is our Investigators living with Returning Members and they aren't married. SUCH A STRUGGLE!!! Families are ze best!!!
Don't leave the church Mom. It's really not worth it. Honestly, I'm almost a fourth of the way done with my mission. IT'S SO CRAZY!!! It really does fly by so fast.
In addition to the baptism, this week has been Fantastic!!! Like I said, we're working with a lot of "Almost Families" and last Sunday, the WHOLE Sacrament Meeting was on families. Every talk, song, prayer. How do you say "Guilt Trip" in Spanish?? It was SO good. And our Investigators/Returning Members were sitting right in the meeting experiencing it. It was perfect. I read a talk today that really talked about eternal families and losing loved ones, and throughout my mission, I've gained a strong testimony of that. The talk said a lot on how people Spirits will be in a happier place when the body dies, and that we need not mourn for those we lose, because we will see them in the next life. It is an incredible blessing in this church to have Eternal Families and the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, because without them, death is really a depressing thing. But having the knowledge of the beauty of Heaven and the happiness and knowledge that can be felt and learned there, it shows that death is something wonderful that we'll all go through. NOW, I know that we all still have our missions here on Earth and that we have SO MANY opportunities to experience in our mortal lives, so Live It Up. And don't be too afraid of death, or losing ones you love, because, through the Atonement of Christ, it's all going to work out. I love you all and hope that you’re living life while you're here. Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment