Monday, January 11, 2016

YEAH BAPTISM...Almost.
So I siked EVERYONE out...including myself. :} So we ended up postponing the baptism for a week because our investigator hadn't come to church in a while. But this Saturday it is happening FOR SURE!!! It is "set in jello" ;) And also, we got transfer calls last night and I...am...STAYING!!! So I will be able to send pictures of the baptism. It's great that I can be here for the baptism, but honestly, I would have been fine leaving too. Just as long as he gets baptized, that's what's important. Elder Bahr is leaving the area though. He is getting sent to another area in our zone, and basically they're just doing a swap with us. It's like exchanges, but for 6 Weeks!! So because of this, I already know my companion, Elder Cox. He's a super cool guy and he's super tall and his Spanish is probably better than mine because he's about done with his mission. So I'm PUMPED!!! He's served in Black Creek in the past too, so it'll be a lot of fun. We're also getting two sisters missionaries in our ward so it'll be very nice to be able to give them some of the work. It'll also be nice for them, because we've basically set them up with a baptism this next transfer too. Lucky girls. :) All in all, I'm super excited for next transfer. I know it's going to be a great one!!
I'm sorry Mom that I had to brag about the Chocolate Crunchies. Please forgive me. B( But I'll be sure to bring some home, and no, they don't come in dark chocolate (at least to my knowledge). And no, there are basically no Macs in Canada, so I can't just plug in my memory card, I need some sort of converter. It's fantastic to hear that everyone is staying busy and doing things they love. That's the way to live!! Logan, remember what I told you many moons ago. Skool is 4 chumps. Just kidding!! Skool is great. It's always nice to be done with Computer Tech, and to be better than the whole Salem Hills Basketball Team (which isn't too hard ;) Yeah, thermal underwear. It's the best!!! Enjoy Saint George, especially the temple. That temple is honestly one of the coolest in the world. And tell Shayla hi for me down there. ;) That's sweet that the Dicous are teaching Mission Prep. Missions are 4 chumps. Wait what?? Who said that?? Missions are awesome!!!
And speaking of awesome missions. Something CRAZY!!!!! that happened to us this week is a perfect example of mission life. (Not really). So, Elder Bahr and I were at the church building Wednesday night, just dropping off some stuff. And he goes in to use the washroom (bathroom). He comes out a while later and tells me to hurry into the bathroom, because apparently the urinal is pouring out water and overflowing. Luckily there's a drain in the bathroom, but nonetheless, we need to fix this problem. So we call the bishop who gives us another Brother to call. We call this Brother who we find out later is the Facilities guy for all the churches around here. He tells Elder Bahr that he needs to screw something off, and the only thing we can screw off is the top (the sensor). So I muscle that thing off, and while I am, I can sense the water pressure coming up underneath it. So I screw it off, and the water just explodes out the top. I'm getting absolutely drenched in a frigid urinal shower and the walls, ceiling, and everything else in the bathroom is getting splashed with water (that is now coming out like 20 times worse than it was before). And of course, I can't get the top back on because of the pressure of the water coming out, so we grab some buckets and are bailing water into another drain, because the water was too much for the drain in the bathroom. About twenty minutes later, with me being drenched from head to toe, and Elder Bahr being as dry as a tortilla chip, the Brother shows up (who has the keys to the room to turn off the water), and fixes everything. We find out that the urinal is missing some pieces, so it still needs to be fixed, but we got the water flow stopped. So that's good. Eventually, we clean up the bathroom and walk home in the cold of a Canadian Winter (with me being drenched). It was absolutely wonderful. I promise I will get you pictures of it, but I don't have access to them right now. So in the future.
The moral that I think can apply to this story, is said wonderfully by the artist, Bob Marley. "Don't worry about a thing, because every little thing is going to be alright." And it's true. Sometimes, we can do absolutely nothing in a crazy situation, so we just need to live in the moment. Enjoy it. Don't stress out about things that you can't change. It just takes up time and energy. Do what you can, and leave the rest to God. Because if we’re living correctly, we don’t need to worry, because God will never fail us. Eventually, he will send the Brother to come turn off the water, so just stand there in your shower of cold urinal water, and wait. Someone should sew that on a pillow. ;) Well, I hope you guys are all keeping busy in life, and relaxing when you can. I love you all!!!! Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment