Monday, February 29, 2016

Dear All,
Things are going great for me. The weather has been Super Bipolar. One day, it's a spring day, the next day it's a huge snowstorm. It's so fun. Man. So much good food. It almost makes me want to come home. ;) But we have plenty enough food, thanks to Costco, and it helps that I can cook. Good work on the musical number. Sounds like it went fantastically. There's a guitar piece that Elder Cox had of "Be Still My Soul/I Feel My Savior's Love" and it's SO great. I'm trying to learn it, and since I fixed my guitarra, I can get some practice in. But man, the guitar is such a good missionary tool. There's this one family who has met with missionaries in the past. We have stopped by their place many times trying to teach them a lesson, but they're always super busy or not home. Finally, we met with the mother and when she found out that both Elder Cox and I play the guitar, she was super excited to have a come back and play the guitar with their family. And that's not the first time something like that's happened. Everyone love guitars, and babies, so many babies.
Keep living in the moment Mom. It's fantastic. Oh, and my camera is a Pentax Optio S40. It's number is 7313194 and it was assembled in the Philippines. That's all I got. And keep cooking Micah. It all looks Super Delicious. And it will come in handy SO MUCH!!! Last week, I made Tomato Soup from a can, a burnt Grilled Cheese Sandwich, a quesadilla, and spaghetti with grilled onions, ground beef, and 2 cheeses. That last one was quite good. Good work playing Logan, basketball and piano. And yes, I am still having to play piano a lot. Start practicing the organ, because you really get good at playing with your feet. The only problem is when you mess up in sacrament meeting on the organ, Everybody Knows. Supposedly I'm also playing AND singing Glorious for a baptismal service this Sunday. We'll see how that goes.
This week was pretty great. Lots of teaching. Lots of planning. Jose and Estefany, the two getting married real soon (April 1), bought her wedding dress and lots of decorations. I'm SUPER excited because that means that we'll be able to attend their wedding AND his baptism before the transfer ends. Also, I'm planning his Bachelor's Party. :} We're going back to the restaurant, Montana's, where he proposed to her and we're going to eat ribs to our hearts delight. That's probably the most exciting thing happening this transfer. 5 Baptisms?? A wedding?? A temple trip?? Nah, man. ALL YOU CAN EAT RIBS!!!! JUST KIDDING! Wow, you guys actually thought I was being serious?? Spiritual things are so much better than temporal things. Other than that, this week has been pretty chill. Ate some Poutine today (don't tell Dad), fixed my guitar, partied with Colombians. Life is real good.
But what I said about Spiritual Things being better than Temporal Things is SO TRUE!! One thing that we try to do as missionaries is called a Language of Faith. It's basically just making sure that you're talking all the time about missionary work, or about the church, or other Spiritual things, and let me tell you. It's SO GOOD!! Nothing makes me more spiritually happy than talking about our investigators, or talking about temples, or the Book of Mormon, or really deep Gospel Doctrine. :) Sure, it's nice to have a conversation about sports, or music, or how Donald Trump is going to be the next US President, but when you talk about Gospel related things, the Spirit is already there to accompany you. It really makes your days brighter and makes you more excited for the future...the Celestial Future. ;) Well, a huge storm just came in so I have to go run in it. I love you all and hope everything is well. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment