Tuesday, February 9, 2016

OH WHAT A WEEK!!!
Oh, the Superbowl. I heard that it's the Panthers and the Broncos. Broncos won right?? Of course they did. Mmmm...muddy buddies. I need to make those soon. I've been cooking like crazy lately. So much fun. You got the NICU Mom. YAY Babies!!! That's so exciting. Don't Drop 'Em, 'eh. Also, I forgot this week, but I'll get the camera information to you. Also, my leather bag has fallen apart...completely. I'll probably go shopping for a new one, but if you see any good deals on one, I am in need. Also question, someone told me that if you send a picture (to the company [Propet] of the slip on shoes I have) of holes in your shoes, they'll send you free new ones. Do you know if that's true?? Because there’s many holes in my shoes. :) Good Work Soph on 1st place!!! I wish that I could go ice skating up here. I miss it. I didn't know parents threw stuffed animals at their kids. That sounds fun. I hope everything is well back home. So funny story, there's a man named Jimmy in our mission. He’s autistic and all he does is go with missionaries to appointments, and memorize what missionaries are where, and go to leadership meetings (and basically all the missionary meetings) and he’s one of the funniest guys I've ever met. I was talking with him about Abigail and after we went to a lunch appointment with him, we were waiting at a bus stop with him and he started calling missionaries (which is what he always does in his free time). And I told him, "Hey Jimmy, you should call Sister Allred." So he did!!!! It went to their message machine and he left a message saying I was there. I was laughing the whole time and at one point I was like "Hey Cousin! Love Ya!" Abigail later mentioned that experience in her weekly letter, and talked about how she went on exchanges with a Sister in my Zone. Supposedly they talked about me a lot. Supposedly I'm a legend here in the Canada Toronto Mission, or so Abigail says. Who knows. I just do what I can. But I'm so pumped to see her.
So this week was absolutely fantastic!! Lots of miracles. The highlight of the week, and possibly my life, was when we went to dinner with our investigator, Jose, and his fiance and her father. We found out last week that his divorce will be official on February 12th (with his past wife). They were planning a wedding in July, but his fiance said that if he gets on it, they'll think about it sooner. So we were planning on pulling him aside during this dinner and helping him plan his proposal. So we went to this restaurant called Montanas. And Elder Cox, the father, and I all ordered all you can eat ribs. SO MANY RIBS!!! We ate 48 combined, and of that I ate 18. At one point during the dinner, Jose Manuel gets up goes over to his finace, and gets on one knee and proposes to her... We were like WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!? IT WAS SO CRAZY AWESOME!!!! They later got a big cookie w/ice cream on the house, and Elder Cox and I got a chocolate cake, not on the house :( But later they told us that they want us to be at the wedding (because they really like us :) and they know that in a couple of weeks one of us might get transferred. So, they are really trying to get going on this wedding. So I'm PUMPED!!!! It was one of the greatest moments in my life. Hands down. Then a week after their wedding...Baptism. He's so ready and we're SO Excited!!!! We're hopefully going over to their house tonight to talk more about it.
One thing that I learned from that experience and I am always trying to work on in my life, is taking the opportunity NOW. Jose decided to take charge and do something, and in result of that he's going to have a complete family very soon, get baptized very soon, and in a year, be able to be sealed to his family for time and all eternity. Look at how many blessings come from one action!!!!! I can promise you that you’re going to always have doubts in life, or reasons why you can justify procrastinating or slacking off, but I tell you: If you have a strong, righteous desire to do something, DO IT NOW!!!! NO REGRETS!!! You're probably never going to get that opportunity again. So Seize the Day. ;) I love you all and hope that everything back home is wonderful and white, because it's not here. Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment