Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Hola Hola Hola!!!!
Canada does celebrate Valentine's Day, but missionaries don't. Just Kidding. Elder Cox and I wore matching pink ties to church last Sunday. Haw Awdorable. On President's Day, Canada had Family Day. So both countries were celebrating!! Sounds like you all had a fun long weekend. Also, forgive me but I forgot to bring the camera again. Next week. Micah, I've never heard of Was Soup before. Is it short for Wasabi Soup?? I'll have to try that sometime. I'm sorry that you're out in nowhere's land. Honestly, you'd probably hate it where I am. Lots of scary before and trash everywhere, and everyone smokes. SO MUCH!! LOGAN! You're doing it all wrong. You must charge at least 5 dollars a performance. They don't get the Flints for free. You're letting the business go down the drain!!! But get used to it brotha'. Really hard songs the day, or the hour before you have to play them is all part of the occupation. Good to hear about the crutches. Endure to the End, that's the last part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Have you read the missionary pamphlets?? If not, get them from the ward missionaries and have the whole family learn them and how to teach them. That's what we're doing here with the members, making them missionaries. And it will be a HUGE help for the mission.
This week was pretty good and busy. We taught a lot of lessons this week and went on a lot of adventures. Last Monday, we went to a Hindi Temple. It was HUGE and super pretty. We took a tour of it and can I just say, our church is SO true. Everything in there was super strange and confusing...and false (cough, cough). But the Temple was Magnificent. Also, yesterday, we went to a members house because the father wanted us to show the kids how to play the guitar for Family Home Evening. So we went and played a lot. One of the strings on my guitar broke off, but the father said he'll buy me a new string (because it was technically his son who broke it), but no big deal, it'll fix fine. And then today, I got a haircut and we got A TON OF SNOW!!!!! Finalmente!!! The temperatures have dropped SUPER low, -30s. It's fantastic. Other than that, we prepared a lot of people for baptism and some people for marriage. Nothing TOO big. ;) But, I'll admit, I'm terrified because transfers are next week and I really want to stay. Mainly I want to kill Elder Cox (send him home) go to Jose's & Estefany's Wedding (and baptism), and baptize a bunch more. That would make me SO happy.
On Valentine's Day, last Sunday, in Elders Quorum we talked about how we can use Adversity help us Progress Eternally. I got thinking that a lot of times in life, we look at adversity and get SUPER stressed out. Sometimes, we don't even have the power to do anything about it. One thing I've learned in life is that if you aren't able to change something... Don't worry about it. Too many times in life we freak out about things we have absolutely no control over. It's Pointless. Focus on the things you can change, and when you reach the point when all is done, step back and let God work out the rest. We do what we can, and he does the rest. If you listen to this counsel, I can promise you that your life will be SO MUCH easier. Stop worrying when worrying is useless. I Love You All and Hope that Life is Treating You Well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment