Friday, August 14, 2015

Hola familia y otros!!!!!!

Hola familia y otros!!!!!!
I did receive the package, I think this Wednesday, and it was fantastic...but I must say. You have competition. My companion, Elder Hunt's, mom AND girlfriend sent me a package too. Why??? I haven't the slightest clue. I think he told them about us and how we always give him heat because he gets like a package a day. So, you might need to step up your game. ;) I'm not sure sending food is the best idea anymore because between me and my District, I think we have food that could last us a few weeks. At the moment, I can't think of too many things I want. Hostess is always good. Someone Elder Hunt's mom got him Cafe Rio. If you could get me Panda Express that would be heavenly. But if not...that's alright. If you wanted to send me guitar tabs, even though I don't have a guitar, that would actually be awesome. That's a mission I'm assigning you Logan (ultimateguitartabs.com, find me all the songs from Abbey Road ;) But for reals, that'd be great, because I sing those songs every day and I can't remember the lyrics or melodies. I'm having musical withdrawals because I play the piano like twice a week (when I can) and other than that, the only musical relief I get is through singing. I realized that my addiction to music is worse than I thought. :) Speaking of music, good luck Logan with all my old piano jobs. Especially now that you've injured your finger, ouch. Wait until school starts, Bills will try to recruit you. Buneas suerte!!!
I'm glad most of you had fun boating and at Grandma's. Super jealous about KFC and Crown Burger. Also that sounds way fun having Ashton over. I'm glad you're all figuring that out with rooming and everything (in and out of the home). You should tell me how much I make at the garage sale because that'd be nice to know. Also, why don't you guys do it down by the Nebo School District office. I swear the whole world has garage sells down there. Just an idea. More classes for Mom. Good luck with that everyone. Oh, and you too Mom. Jajajajaja. I actually heard about the mud slide today. I was doing sealings at the temple this morning and the sealer asked me where I was from. I told him Woodland Hills and he said "Oh, I heard on the news yesterday that they got super flooded and a bunch of people evacuated their house," and I was like "OH NO" and I ran out of the temple and tried to run home, but then my companions tackled me into the asphalt. Kidding, only the first part of that story is true. That's crazy though. I'm glad you guys didn't get buried in the mud. All the sports sound fun too. Are you playing on the line or as a linebacker Micah?? Either way, good work on the sacks. How'd you like Avengers?? Also, I hope the pool party was fun Sophie. I've seen you do that back walkover and you're fantastic. I did the splits today twice in the sand, and I got all the way down. It was awesome. And I wish I could kiss you too Savannah. Just kidding. ;) I hope you get to start preschool too. It's a blast.
So this last week has gone by very fast. I saw Amaya's cousin Hailey, who came in last Wednesday, and we've talked a little bit. I also met another Sister who's going to Toronto, Spanish speaking, so that's cool. We've studied a lot which I enjoy because I'm able to learn the Spanish I need, rather that all the easy stuff we learn in class. We taught this man named Raul twice this last week. He's an incredible man!!! We learned that he is a real investigator, and last Monday we invited him to be baptized. He said that he enjoys the teachings of the church and wants it to be true in his heart, but he wants proof of the truth. So we've been praying for him a lot. Yesterday we taught him again and it was very interesting. I was having a really rough day yesterday, just because I wasn't feeling great and I was in a really grumpy mood with some of the Elders in my District. When we went in and started teaching Raul, I was quite helpless. I couldn't form my sentences and I completely forgot about what we were going to teach him (which is really bad because not only am I the Senior Companion, I understand and speak Spanish the best out of us three). Eventually one of my companions took over the lesson and I just sat there praying for help from the Spirit. When I started speaking again, everything just started working out. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!! I understood almost everything he said, and we were able to teach him about the afterlife and living with our families for eternity. I started crying a few times during the lesson. Afterwards, I invited him again to be baptized and to talk with the missionaries in his own ward. He said he's going to church next week, so we're all keeping him in our prayers. I learned that night that when you ask, the Spirit will help you with everything. It really is incredible. After the lesson, Raul gave an incredible prayer and we all hugged him and said goodbye for the last time. It was very bittersweet. Heavenly Father cares about all his children and sends the Holy Ghost to help them in their time of need. The gospel is true and an incredible blessing in everybody's lives. I love you guys so much and hope that everything is awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment