Monday, August 10, 2015

Ammon's First Week!

Hey everyone!!!!!
So the first week here had it's ups and downs. The first couple days were hard for me because everything was so different. But after day two, things really picked up and I'm loving it here now. The food is great, minus the fact that the consequences of eating are intense. I'm pretty sure they're right when they say the food has laxatives in it (Everyone here says don't drink the Orange Juice, but I can attest that all the food here has the same effects). I did go to the temple today and I ate at the Cafeteria which was fantastic. I also tried Cookies and Creme BYU Creamery Milk for the first time, which was glorious. Last Tuesday night, President Russel M Nelson came and gave a devotional, which was crazy cool. I sang in the choir and it was broadcast to all the other MTCs. He and his wife gave great talks and they both were so funny. Also, we started teaching our first real investigator, because we had one for class and we almost got him to be baptized, but he was fake :} Our first real investigator is named Raul, he's super nice and is an incredible father (he has three daughters that he's always talking about). Yesterday was our second time teaching him. and me and my companions gave the whole first lesson. IT WAS CRAZY!!!!! I quoted the first vision in Spanish and almost started to cry. The Spirit was SO STRONG in that room. At the end of the lesson, he gave a prayer and asked God to know if El Libro de Mormon and what we taught him were true (because he's been reading El Libro de Mormon quite a bit). It was so powerful. Other than that, I've been playing a lot of Sand Volleyball. We almost always travel as a District because we have nine boys in our District, so we're super close. We honestly all consider ourselves each others' companions because we all get along so well. It's phenomenal. Also, whenever we sing Hymns, we almost always split into four part harmonies (I sing Alto :)
So, I want to get a Musical Number together for us to perform. So Mom, you asked about what more I could use in the package?? If you could find a good Hymn arrangement for guys, that could be great. Also, if you could fit my Green Crocks in there, that would be fantastic. Other then that, um...laundry detergent could be nice, I always love Hostess stuff. Cosmic Brownies. Panda Express. Shrimp. Lobster. SUSHI!!! You know, the works. ;) Also, I do want to keep my guitar tabs (or if you wanted to send me them, that'd be awesome to.) The scripts can go, but I would like the chess set, puzzle, and stuffed animals??...yeah, I want them. I'm glad Yellowstone was fun. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! What are you now 30?? Something like that. I'm glad you're birthday was great. The church should have let you call me. Sheesh, rude. Sorry about your week Logan—driver’s ed. At least, you get SeƱor Macdon. He´s the BEST!!! Also, there´s pretty much no possible way to fail that test. I know guys who slept through that whole class and "passed" that test. Football camp sounds awesome Micah. Also heads up, if you want to use the hashtag, you don't put spaces in between the words. #ElderFlinthassttillgotswag
Jacob and Erik are looking great Dad. I saw Erik today and he's as Ginger as ever. And Jake's trying to get a pic of me and him, so hopefully we'll get that done soon (or in the next five weeks :) And thank you for informing me about all the details of your DQ trip. I'm so very glad to know they're donating money to the Children's Hospital. ;) Honestly, the Spanish here didn't throw me off one bit, I understand about 90% of what the investigators are saying and 98% percent of what my teacher says. Also, speaking it isn't much a problem for me. We had a English Fast yesterday, which really wasn't that bad. Except after 7 o'clock we all just gave up. Time schedule isn't that bad at all. Waking up surprisingly hasn't been that much a struggle for me, which is definitely a tender mercy.
One thing I've learned this week, through a talk I listened to by Elder Bednar, is that we really are representatives of Heavenly Father. We are doing his main purpose "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." I've learned that when we enter the homes of investigators or just see people on the street, we need to have the Character of Christ about us. We need to love everyone we meet, and judge no one. People aren't going to accept us if they don't feel the love that we bring them. (And we as missionaries won't have a desire to teach these people and bring them closer to Christ if we don't have a love for them). While teaching Raul, I really felt a strong love for him, and I hope that he sensed that love because as awesome as the lessons are, the investigators are not going to want to come closer to Christ if they don't feel the love. And the Spirit. I really saw the role of the Spirit while teaching Raul. The Spirit very strongly testified to me, and I know that he was testifying to Raul. It's an incredible thing, this Gospel, and I can say that I know it's true for I've seen evidence of it through teaching it to others. I love you all and hope to hear more about what's going on!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment