Friday, August 21, 2015

hi family. it's pretty fun here, life's good.

hi family. it's pretty fun here, life's good. Bye. JUST KIDDING!!!!!!! The rule about the music is that there's honestly no rule. I obviously can't use the music to play on a guitar :'( and I'm not sure they want me playing on the piano, but there's no rule against just having it (and I wouldn't mind some chord progressions to memorize and lyrics, even though I can't play the music I can still sing it) (except in the showers, I and my District got in trouble for singing in the shower last week :) Honestly though, my district sings ALL THE TIME!!! It's awesome. And I am a big reason for that. School sounds fun for everyone (that rhymed). Tell me who your teachers are Logan, and suck up to them big time because honestly, teachers become some of your best friends in High School, and it'll get you good grades. ;) SO JEALOUS you guys get to go see Beauty and the Beast. You'll have to tell me all about it. Choir fund raise sounds fun. Make lots of money!!!
So last week was a roller coaster for me. I had high highs and really low lows. So we had a district in our zone that was at their halfway mark when our district got here. And last Monday/Tuesday they all left. It was really upsetting because our two districts were very close and I got to know some of them really well. I still have a hard time sometimes when we pass by their old room and what not. I honestly went through a lot of the same pain I had when I left for the MTC. Ironic right. But I realized something. I realized that, for the most part, you don't get upset about leaving where you live because of the house, or because of the buildings, or because of the location, I couldn't care less about leaving where I lived. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PEOPLE!!! Some people might, but for me, I don't form bonds with my bed or my living quarters or my guitar (just kidding on that last one). I form bonds with all the incredible people. That's why I have a hard time, and will continue to have a hard time leaving those I love. But it makes me realize that I need to love those that I can in the moment. It takes time, but it's worth it.
Now the good stuff. So we after saying goodbye to Raul last Thursday, we got another investigator. His name is Elias and he is SO COOL!!!! He's from the Dominican Republic so his skin is very dark and he's a real investigator (which I am so glad because I know some of the other guys don't get real investigators for TRC). His wife and whole family are LDS so we thought it was going to be really easy to convert him. Not so much. He came from a rough childhood involved with lots of violence and he has a really hard time praying, and a harder time believing that God answers his prayers. Last Thruday companions a I were planning on giving him the First Lesson, but we ended up talking about prayer and the Holy Ghost for about half and hour. One thing that really struck me is when he asked me How I knew the Book of Mormon was true. I had to really think about it because I know I read it when I was about fourteen and prayed about it, and I thought it was true then. But I realized, and I told Elias that I really found truth in the Book not from just reading it cover to cover and praying about it, but finding little verses in it that have helped me and blessed my life so much. Little stories or quotes that made me look at life in a whole different perspective. And I KNOW that those parts CAN NOT BE FALSE!!! I realized that sometimes a testimony doesn't come from a big event, it comes from everyday little things that sometimes you don't realize bless your life SO MUCH. Later on in the lesson, we talked more about how he might feel the Holy Ghost and it went really well. Everything else is going great. Foods decent (sometimes) My district's a party. The language is pretty easy (I may or may not be studying French also 8). Played Basketball like all day today. Getting excited for Toronto. Love you all. Bye!!!!

HEY!!!! I totally forgot something HUGE that happened last Friday. So I went to the ER...
Don't worry, it's no big deal, I just have Heart Disease. Just kidding!!!! That's not funny. >:( So, my companion Elder Bahr, was feeling sick (probably just a cold), so we went to the front desk later Friday night and asked if there was a doctor on call (because it was about 9 at night). They called the doctor and he told them to send us to the ER. Elder Hunt and I were like "WHAT??" it's probably just a cold. But we went anyway. It was SO COOL!!!! I didn't realize how sheltered I was at the MTC, but seeing the outside world after a couple weeks was weird. We passed by a Pexpress and I almost cried. :'( So we ended up staying at the ER for about 3 hours. I actually saw one of my friends from school there which was really weird, because I was like "I'M A MISSIONARY!!!" and he was like "Wassup bro" and I was like "I'M A MISSIONARY!!!" It was weird. Okay, only like half of that was true. The second half. ;) But the doctor said it was only a virus, (which I think I caught too, and I'm fine) and we got home like two hours after curfew, so that was awesome. HA! Even the MTC cant' put a curfew on me. They feel your pains Mom and Dad. :) Everything's fine now though. It was blown WAY out of proportion. But it was an awesome adventure and experience. Love you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment