Tuesday, August 4, 2015

1st Day at MTC

Hey fam. First day's almost over and it's been nuts. I was at first put with Elder Bahr, who's also serving in Toronto, Canada and he's a funny guy. I feel like he makes everyone feel awkward except me because he says strange things and I'm like, "alright." He's also really into Fantasy battle books, so there's a fair idea of him. Then we had a third companion put with us, Elder Hunt. He's going to Trinidad and Tobago and he was told yesterday that he is speaking Spanish, so he doesn't know the language much at all, but he's super awesome and way easy to talk to. Speaking of the language, I'm surprised how easy it's coming to me, I honestly think I understand it the best in my District. I said a prayer at the end of my last meeting in Spanish, and I botched it. Ha. It was pretty terrifying. Also today, all the newbies were encouraged to set up a meeting with investigators that were visiting for the evening (very vaguely). So we did, for next Tuesday. It was super unexpected, but I'm super excited. His name is Jorge and he wants to speak with us only in Spanish. His son (who's Japanese) was visiting for an activity and we were going to schedule an appointment with him and he said to schedule one with his dad. First Investigator in the MTC. NAILED IT!!! Hope Yellowstone is fun. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment