Tuesday, August 4, 2015

First P-DAY!!!

Hey fam (and any others reading this message).  P-Days are Fridays for me, at the moment. Well, if you read my last email you should know that I'm in a trio with Elder Hunt & Elder Bahr (who's also going to Toronto). I feel like I'm really getting into the swing of things here. I've had my ups and downs but they say the first week's the worst and it hasn't been that bad at all so...Sweet. I saw Jake and Erik, which was a fantastic renunion. Also, in addition to Jorge (the man we're giving lesson one to on Tuesday), we have to teach an investigator for our class named Alberto, tomorrow, and I'm pumped for that.
I spoke about it a little bit in my talk, but being here, I've really realized that the mission really is not for my benefit, it's for the investigators. Now I know that people say "they were their biggest investigator" and all that jazz, but I don't find much joy thinking about myself. The most joy and excitement I've felt is when I start thinking about our investigators here at the MTC and all the people in Toronto that are just waiting for me to come bring the Spirit to their lives. The light of Christ is really an incredible tool and I feel so sorry for the people that don't realize it blesses them everyday or don't recognize it for what it is. I can't wait to meet these wonderful people!!!
So what's going on back home?? Is Yellowstone fun?? Oh and tell Charlie that his Ab Ripper X worked...really well...I hate him. Also, Mom, when you bought my short sleeve shirts did you bag them with the salmon?? because now my closet smells like salmon...really bad. Also father?? My companion Elder Hunt's father served in Bogota Colombia and now he's 48, I believe, so maybe you knew him. Who knows?? Would love to hear from you guys. Love you all. Bye!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment