Wednesday, June 7, 2017

I AM 20 NOW

​I AM 20 NOW.
Yes!! I had an awesome 20th Birthday. SO...after my Alarm Clock was almost stolen. haha. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings with the APs (the Elder we live with). We all got like 20 Wings each and it was delicious. Then I got some cake there, my Birthday Cake. Afterwards, we went to a super cheap Bowling Alley. It was super fun. The Bowling Alley played Oldies Rock & Roll Music and we had a great time. We made a bet that the loser of the second game had to do something...well...
technically, because how bad I lost, I was only supposed to get spanked 18 times, but I decided to go the full 20 (for my Birthday Spankings). Also, I technically was spanked 23 Times, because we lost count. Butt, Elder Shu gave me some pretty weak Spanks, (or pats). So it evens out to 20. Wait, how did I spell but??
After bowling, we had a dinner appointment with one of my favorite families. They sang me Happy Birthday. Then I taught English Class, which was also super fun. And then it all ended with the Spanking Tunnel and Some Birthday Brownies. All-in-all, one of my favorite Birthdays. Pictures will come.
Perfect!! I'll plan Tuachan for the 31st. Wait, did Logan buy me one ticket or two??? Hmmm.... ;)
We did not end up moving into the house. It was part of a Country Club, and our leaders didn't want to have to put up with that. :( We're not sure if we're moving or not, now. Everything's kind of up in the air. I hope I don't have to move. It'll not be fun to pack up all my stuff, move, unpack, then pack up all my stuff again to go home.
Put the deposit down for Raintree. I'm very okay with living there.
You should ask Logan a bunch of questions about girls and kissing when he's Under the Influence while getting his wisdom teeth out. He'll probably open up more when the drugs kick in. ;) Good luck to the both of you!! It's not fun.
Thanks for making me more trunky and talking about the Roasted Red Pepper Dip. :/
Well, this week was easily one of the best of my mission:
Monday and Tuesday were just straight partying.
On Wednesday Romeo (who we thought had been in El Salvador)'s phone was working, so we decided to stop by him. Not only was he home, he had gone to El Salvador and he and his whole family are back!!!
The rest of Wenesday, we had some meetings, did some service, and taught some people.
Thursday, our Investigator, Sofia, texted us and told us that she wanted to get baptized this last Saturday!!! Of course, it was too soon, so she didn't. But we're working towards this or next Saturday with her!!
Baptisms for Days!! 
The rest of Thursday we did some service and taught this very prepared man that the APs found in Tim Hortons the other day. He's Colombian so they passed him off to us. We met with him, committed him to read the Book of Mormon, pray, and come to church. It was super good.
Friday met with Romeo and his wife and committed them to reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. We had a fun meeting, then met with Sofia to talk about the details for her Baptism.
Later on Friday, I went on exchanges with Elder Austin Payne, from Alberta. It was fun. I met a lot of really great members and learned some Italian. :)
Saturday, I taught English Classes again. Then we did a lot of tedious missionary work and we had a great Dinner with a sweet Colombian/Venezuelan couple.
On Sunday, we had a wonderful Sacrament Meeting. Two of our Investigators showed up, including Kevin!! He loved the services and made a lot of friends. We're going to keep teaching him and see where he goes!
Later Sunday, we went on Splits and I went with two Return Missionaries to visit the Mexican Migrant Workers. The RMs had both served in Mexico City, so they loved teaching them. They said it was like they stepped through a portal to their missions. Very fun. Until one half-drunk guy started bashing with us. Ugh...Twenty minutes later we finally left. We'll stay away from that one.
All in all, it was an awesome week and I'm excited for the things to come.
One thing that I was reminded about during exchanges was how strong the Attribute of Charity is. We met with a Brother and he was one of the most incredible men I've ever met. He's an older man, who has lung cancer (and a number of other problems), and whose sons have recently abandoned and betrayed him. He was baptized about three years ago and his testimony of the Gospel is very strong. The love I felt for this man, I had never met before, was so strong. In 1 Corinthians 13:8, it reads, "Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away." It amazes me that we will never forget the love we've felt for these people. Knowledge and Wisdom may vanish away with time, but that sense of love we've had for others, we'll never forget. I know that's true and I know that Charity is the most important Attribute of Christ we can ever gain. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment