Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Happy Victoria's Birthday!!

Happy Victoria's Birthday!! Whatever that means.
My Birthday has been pretty nice so far. I woke up to find the Elder who was staying over at our house (because he's going home tomorrow) tried to steal my Alarm Clock. We asked him if he knew where it went and he said no. Then one of the Elders found it in his suitcase. "Happy Birthday Elder Flint, I'm stealing all your stuff!" Classic. Then he left like half of his suitcase at our house, so that's fun.
Thank you for the razor, and the shirt, and the candy. And the chopsticks (on the mission, you accumulate a ton of Chopsticks, so I've got a pretty great personal collection now :).
And, I don't know if it's actually from Logan or not (because I could see him throwing his name on the back of one). Nevertheless, THANK YOU!!! I'm pretty pumped to go see that now. I hope they do the Broadway Musical and the acting is actually decent. At the Tuachan, it usually isn't!
We went to check at a house, this morning, that we're probably going to move into. The house that we're renting right now is getting sold. The house we checked out was SUPER nice. Like, I would live in it if I had a family and a lot of money. So I hope they let us move into it. 'Twould be a nice Birthday gift. :)
Now I'm here. We're going to go to Buffalo Wild Wings to celebrate my Birthday, then we're probably going to a Parkour Place, then we're going to one of my favorite member's houses for Dinner (they have the most ADORABLE little girls, that melt my heart when they speak in Spanish. Nothing makes me more trunky than little Hispanic Girls speaking in Spanish). Then I'll finish the day teaching English to a bunch of Middle Eastern people. Which I love. Then we'll probably eat Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake at the end of the day. So I'm pretty pumped for the day. Happy Birthday to me.
This week has been tons of funs:
Monday, we played lots of sports, then we had a wonderful dinner with a family who gave both Elder Babbel and I Birthday gifts and made us a cake. It was pretty fun.
Tuesday, I went back to my old area again (Black Creek) with my old companion (Elder Hansen) on exchanges. It was so good. We were able to meet up with Jose. I hadn't seen him in over a year, so it was SO good to see him again. We had Pizza and talked about how his life is going. He said he wants to take me on a trip to Mexico after my mission. So we'll see!!
Tuesday night we had four Elders over, because we had Zone Conference Wednesday Morning. It was super fun. Zone Conference was pretty average. I got to see Abigail though!!! Which was great!! 
Wednesday night we had a wonderful steak dinner with our favorite Peruvian Family. We then had an awesome lesson with Wilder and Judith (a part member couple, Judith is the member) and it was super good. Wilder wants to get baptized so we're pretty excited for him. It was SUPER hot on Wednesday (30 Degrees Celsius), so I was sweating all day.
Thursday we did a TON of Service. We worked on Temple Grounds, then did some service at a Food Bank. Once again, super hot day. Super sweaty. We then had Dinner with Daniel's family. Daniel's a youth in the Ward who is leaving for the Dominican Republic tomorrow, to serve a mission. He is an awesome guy and we've both grown pretty close with him here. So we had Pupusas with his family. 'Twas fun.
Friday we had some good lessons. Ate some good food. And yeah.
Saturday we helped with English Classes, then we had some dinner, then we went to our Ward's Mother's Day Activity. It was pretty good. They were doing a cake auction and a member bought us a delicious cake. So that was awesome. We then had another great lesson with Wilder and Judith. Good day.
Sunday was a GREAT day!! Wilder, Judith, and another one of our investigators came to church and LOVED it. Later on Sunday, we passed by the farms and met a few more Mexicans to whom we gave copies of the Book of Mormon and set up a return appointment. We taught some of the other ones we have already met and the Spirit was super strong. Great lessons.
Monday we celebrated Victoria's Day by going over to a Part-Member families house and having a Barbecue with them and playing some games. We're teaching the Missionary Lessons to their 8 year-old son and he challenged us to a chess competition. We accepted his challenge and he destroyed us. His dad then challenged us to Ping-Pong and also destroyed us. "Happy Victoria's Day Elder Flint, you stink at sports!!" It was super fun.
We then helped our Bishop move a bunch of stuff out of his house, because his family is moving. Later that night, we had an awesome dinner with our Ward Mission Leader and his family. All in all, it was a great day.
One thing that I've been trying to grow in myself these last few weeks is Faith and Hope. Hope for a bright future. As missionaries finish their missions and go home, I find that they get REALLY worried about the future (money, schooling, dating, etc.). But I realize, you just served God for a good portion of your life, don't you think He's going to help you out?? Sometimes we think (especially me) that we're going to have to do it all on our own, but A. We don't have to, because God will help us and B. We can't do it all on our own, we NEED God's help. So that's my invitation to all of you, love life, and have hope for the future. Don't worry. If we are obeying God's Commandments and living in accordance with His will, everything will turn out alright. I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment