Monday, May 8, 2017

The ripped pants strike again!!

For me, the best time to Skype would be 6:00 PM my time, so 4:00 PM your time. See you then!!
I'm totally down for cancelling Idaho. I think I want to settle in a little bit, after getting home, before doing anything crazy. That would be nice. And yeah, it'd be weird to be home for like a month, and then giving my Homecoming talk. And by that time, I'll probably forget everything that happened on my mission. Haha. Jokes. But yeah, I don't think I'll need too much time to readjust.
On the mission, I sang David Archuleta's "Glorious" in Spanish. I think that's the only one. But I also have a quartet piece of "Be Still My Soul" in Spanish. I'd be down for whatever.
Food wise. Really anything. You eat everything here in Toronto. Pupusas, Shwarma, Poutine.
Great job Sophie on the performance!! I wish I could have been there. I love that song!!
Where are Dad's numbers at??
Great job Logan for getting into Singer's!! You'll come to find out that sometimes, especially with Mr. Bills, auditions don't matter. He's already picked you to be in. It's like Predestination! It sounds like your APUSH Essay topics were a joke. Haha. Don't tell Mom I said that. She'll probably put me in prison for that. ;) And I'm sorry about the Organ. That's how I felt when I played the wrong song in Sacrament. Now my companion is typing these emails because I did cut off my hands...
This week was pretty good. A little good, a little bad, a little bit of both.
Monday we played some sports. I had left my sports clothes at home and some missionaries we're bringing them for me. In the mean time, I decided to play some in my missionary clothes. Butt, when I leaned over to pick up a ball for dodgeball, the back of my pants popped open. So instead, I sat on a piano bench and practiced until they brought my clothes. The ripped pants strike again!! We had All-You-Can-Eat Sushi on Monday, and then for dinner, a member family kept feeding us more and more Spaghetti. So we ate a TON. Later, we had a wonderful FHE with the family.
Tuesday, I taught an awesome English class. That's all I can really remember. Oh, it rained. It rained everyday this week except for Wednesday and Sunday.
Wednesday we had Missionary Leadership Conference. It was very long  but very fun. We had breakfast and lunch. While there, I volunteered to play the role of a new, nervous missionary. It was very fun. I hadn't acted like that in a while. "Acted" as in theatre life...and as a missionary. ;) It was super fun. Later we did some service and had an awesome dinner with a sweet Colombian Family.
Thursday we did a lot of service. We also ate dinner with a very funny family. As we were kneeling down, right before offering a prayer, the mother of the family (who's like 60) looks at me and says (in Spanish) "Elder, you're fat. Look at your belly." We all laughed pretty hard. In Spanish Culture, you can basically say whatever you want and it's not offensive. At least, they don't mean to offend you... :'( Later that night, we had a pass off lesson with the English Sister Missionaries. The investigators is this really cool Mexican who's living with a member and he decided he wants to get baptized now. He lived in Kaysville for about 14 years, so he knows the church really well. Now he wants to be a member!!
Friday, we taught some great lessons. A member and her daughter took us out to a really good Shwarma place to eat. It was a lot of fun.
Saturday, we helped with English Classes. Later, Russel Johnson, who was my trainer in the mission, who was visiting some members in the mission, took us out to Smokes Poutine to eat. It was SUPER fun. Quite the reunion because he trained Elder Babbel also. 'Twas a lot of fun. Later that day, we went to a missionary farewell for a young man in the ward who is going to the Dominican Republic on May 24. A day after my birthday. It was super fun. We've been working with this young man, helping him prepare for the mission, so it's super exciting to be able to see him go. Later on Saturday, we went over to the Plantation and passed out about half a dozen copies of the Book of Mormon to more of the Mexican Migrant workers up there. We're planning on doing a Fireside up on the plantation, so we are pretty excited for it all. We and the ward are preparing for that and getting things arranged.
Sunday we had a Regional Conference. For the first 30 minutes, the Stake President talked and the Stake Choir sang. Elder Babbel and I joined in, last minute, to help the Stake Choir because they were low on men. We definitely helped them out. After that, we watched a broadcast from Salt Lake City where Elder Oaks, Gong, Perkins, and Sister Cordon all spoke. It was very good. Later on Sunday we had a dinner with a fun Peruvian family. All in all, it was a good week.
We've been reading and studying the Book of Mormon a lot lately (in studies and with our investigators) and let me tell you, it's honestly the most incredible book in the world. The poetry, literature, and beauty of the Book is incredible. And, on top of that, it's Sacred Scripture that will help "man get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.” I love it so much and I want to invite all of you (if you're not already) to study from it everyday. Even if it's one verse. I have seen that consistent study of the Book of Mormon helps people gain their testimony, grow their testimony, and guard their testimony. I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment