Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Mother's Day

I Need Thee Every Hour is the only Spanish Quartet I have. I also have Glorious in Spanish. We could make that into a duet/trio/quartet if needs be. I'll take a look at I Need Thee Every Hour and send pictures of it.
Oh yeah. I was going to ask Charlie and Amaya, during the Skype call, if they're going to pop one out anytime soon. I thought they were already trying. We shall see.
This last week was pretty busy:
Monday, we played lots of Sports and exhausted ourselves, then we moved a piano and exhausted ourselves even more.
Tuesday, we ate pizza and had a great English Class.
Wednesday we did some service and I went on exchanges with Elder Taylor. He is from Layton, Utah and he's one of the APs here. It was a fun exchange. We went to Downtown Brampton and ran into some crazy people. One of the crazies wanted to take a picture with us. So we did and invited her to church. It was super fun.
Thursday, we had a great lunch with our Investigator, Sofia. We then went to more meetings, did some service, ate some delicious dinner, and then met a bunch of Mexicans (not Migrant Workers this time, though!).
Friday, I went on another exchange with Elder Olson from Red Deer, Alberta. It was fun because I got to go back to one of my last areas (Black Creek), although it was in English. We met some more crazy people.
Saturday was a really fun day. I got to go to English Classes over in my old area and I saw some of the students that I taught back in the days. They were really happy to see me and I got some of their numbers. I also got to see Jay, the first person that I helped get baptized. It was SO good!! I got his number too, so we can stay in touch more regularly.
Later on Saturday, we helped with a baptism, had a fun dinner, and then went and visited the Mexican Migrant Workers, they were pretty tired from work, so we weren't able to talk to many of them. :|
Sunday we had a wonderful Mother's Day Service. Two of our investigators came to church. So that was great. Later that day, we had dinner with our Bishop's Family, and then Skyped our own families. So yeah. This be why my email is very short. :)
One thing that I didn't get the chance to say in the Skype call, and wanted to say is how incredibly grateful I am for you, mother. A couple of weeks ago, I was invited to read a pamphlet called "To the Mothers in Zion." It is an address given at a Fireside for Parents by President Ezra Taft Benson and it is incredible. It talks about the role of mothers in the family, home, and in the world. I recommend it to all of you. After reading it through I realize how incredible you are. You have been a phenomenal stay-at-home mother for the last 20+ years and you have done a great job at it. You have been a guide, teacher, and a friend for me and the rest of us. I love you Mom!!!
Well, I love you all and hope you have a great week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment