Monday, May 1, 2017

MOM!! STOP TELLING ME HOW MANY DAYS I HAVE LEFT!!!!

MOM!! STOP TELLING ME HOW MANY DAYS I HAVE LEFT!!!!
I'm trunky enough!! ;) Just kidding. I counted this morning anyways. Not to look forward to going home, though. I was just seeing how many days I have left to finish Jesus the Christ. Keeps me on my toes though.
I will keep after 2:30 PM in mind for skyping. That's 2:30 PM your time right??
That's My Boy!! Good work Logan. Tell me about Prom. How much money did you spend on this girl??
Good work Sophie!! Bringing in the Bacon!!
How was the Sand Dunes Micah?? One time I went to the Sand Dunes and I saw this big PVC Pipe stuck in the ground. So I ran by it and tried to pull it out. Sadly it was anchored into the ground so instead of a PVC Pipe, I got a Fiberglass Splinter that made me bleed and hurt really bad. I hope that didn't happen to you.
Where's the Lindon Recreation Center Skyler?? What are you going to do there??
Savannah. Eating is not a hobby. Sike! It totally can be a hobby. People get paid to eat food. Haha. But it's not a healthy hobby.
This week has been a pretty nutty. I've definitely not had any week like this one, on my mission.
Monday I got a hair cut. I love it. Then we had a Barbecue with Bishop and his family and Elder Hansen said goodbye to them. That night I dropped Elder Hansen off in his new area and picked up a couple of missionaries who stayed the night in my place until transfers the next day.
Tuesday was Transfers. Pretty Fun. I got to meet all the new missionaries coming in. A lot of people from South America, so that was cool. The rest of that day was spent running around getting the missionaries their stuff and making sure everyone had everything they needed. Then we had dinner with a wonderful Mexican Family. That night we had seven new students at our English Classes, and five of them were Hispanic!!! It was awesome to see. Our Bishop and some members were at the chapel that night and they introduced themselves to all of them!! Hopefully we'll be teaching them the gospel sooner than later. 
So I realized that Zone Leaders go to a lot of meetings, but I didn't realize it's basically the same meeting three times a week. As a District Leader I gave tons of District Meetings. Around 40. But as a Zone Leader you go to all of the District Meetings in your Zone. So Wednesday through Friday comprised of us going to District Meetings, which I loved. It was weird to be on the other side of it though, because I have been a District Leader for more than half of my mission. It is a nice change. This week we have those meetings again but with a few other meetings to go to. So I'm buckling up for that!!
Other than that Wednesday through Friday was comprised of us doing service, eating with members, teaching people, doing errands, singing people Happy Birthday, etc.
Saturday was a great day. I taught English Classes again and then gave a chapel tour to one of the Hispanics that came on Tuesday. He is from the Dominican Republic and we had a member there (also attending the classes) from the Dominican Republic. They became instant friends and she came on the chapel tour with us. On the chapel tour she was telling him her whole conversion story and telling him that he is going to take the missionary lessons and get baptized also. He seemed totally cool with it all so I hope she didn't scare him away. Later on Saturday the Brampton Stake had a Disney Music night, where members, missionaries, and non-members came and performed songs from Disney shows. It was SUPER fun. I put together and accompanied a musical number of a bunch of missionaries singing "You've Got A Friend In Me." It was SO good!! I got to see a lot of people there I hadn't seen for a long time (a lot of them are getting married soon, even IN the mission it happens) and it was really nice.
Sunday, Sofia came to Sacrament Meeting. So that was really good. Then we had lunch with a fun Peruvian family in the Ward. Then the rest of our Sunday consisted of us doing a bunch of paperwork and stuff. Huzzah!
The weeks prior to the Disney Night, we invited tons of people to the performance and shared with them this scripture. D&C 25:12 "For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." And it's so true!! I've been able to sing a lot these last few days and honestly, the Hymns we sing are my favorite parts of the meetings we have and my second favorite part of Sacrament Meeting (beaten only by the Sacrament :). Hymns and good music really are a prayer to Heavenly Father. They are an incredible way to invite the Spirit and drive away evil thoughts. So. Find your favorite hymn. Or a few, if you can't pick one. And sing a little bit more throughout your day. It's SO good. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week. Happy Star Wars Day (May the 4th be with you) and Feliz Cinco de Mayo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment