Monday, June 19, 2017

Time is a Ticking

Time is a Ticking
We haven't done any pranks lately, I believe. Just had a lot of fun. We took some really funny pictures last night. I'll send them. Yeah, it's crazy how little time I have.
Sounds like things are kickin' over there. I've never heard of that method before (the Jon Schmidt method). It sounds sweet. It'll be interesting to see how it changes things.
Congrats Sophie, on passing your test. And good work, Micah, with your Lacrosse Team. I'm glad you had fun on Brandon's Birthday and your Anniversary. Those are some sweet plans too. I'm going to try my hardest to attend the temple regularly when I get back. It shouldn't be too hard. I'll have two within walking distance. I'm excited for everything!! And yeah, I think it's a great idea if I can get with a School Counselor ASAP, when I get back.
Glorious in Spanish would be sweet too. I'll send you the lyrics. The accompaniment I have is good, but super confusing. If you could find one (it's the same in English), it'd probably be better. Especially if you can find one where you sing parts. That would be SUPER sweet. Because mine's just a solo.
This week has been a pretty crazy one.
Monday, we played some sports.
Tuesday was transfers. The Brampton Zone Leaders are in charge of supervising transfers. So we we're pretty busy all day. I got to see lots of my friends in the mission and said goodbye to a lot of them. :( I also said goodbye to Abigail. It's weird to think that that was probably the last time I'll see her in the mission. The next time I'll see her will be in Utah...in 5 weeks!! Craziness. The rest of the day was good. We had a choir practice for a number I accompanied last Sunday. And yeah.
Wednesday we had District Meeting. 'Twas good. Then we did some service, ate some dinner, and taught some people. Pretty exciting stuff, eh?
Thursday we had a big Leadership Meeting, for the majority of the day. It was a lot of fun and very spiritual. It was also very hot. I was exhausted the rest of the day and almost fell asleep at our dinner appointment with a member couple. Luckily the Spirit prevailed.
Friday, another District Meeting. It was a lot of fun. We then had dinner with a sweet member family and then we taught some lessons. You can tell my life is very exciting right now by how detailed my days are. :)
Saturday, we had a bunch of Meetings, then we did service for one of our part-member families. The father then invited us back over for a Barbecue that night, which was SUPER good. He's a professional chef, so obviously 'twas delicious. It was a really good time and it was so spiritual at the end. After the prayer, he was crying and he told us that something's going to change in the families' life, because we're there. Something good.
Sunday we had a great Sabbath Day. I played the Organ and accompanied a musical number (actually, that Spanish Quartet) and it went Super well. One of our investigators who we haven't met with in a while came, with her less-active boyfriend and they Loved it. Hopefully they'll start coming out regularly and we can baptize her. They're both Colombian. :)
Later on Sunday we had an awesome dinner and a sweet Family Home Evening with Romeo and Carla, at our Bishop's House. It was super sweet and the message at the end was super spiritual. We talked about Eternal Families and Bishop and his wife and his Mom all testified on Eternal Families. Very spiritual. They're so getting baptized. So all in all, it was a pretty good week. SUPER HOT!! I've been very tired lately because of how hot it is. I'm not going to miss the humid heat here in Canada, that's for sure.
One thing we talked about in the Leadership Meeting last Thursday was Building Our Foundation. Sister Shields (President's Wife) gave us a few minutes to find scriptures on building our foundations. We had started out the meeting singing "How Firm A Foundation," so I flipped to that Hymn and checked out the Scripture References. Isaiah 41:10 reads "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." That scripture hit me really hard. Not only is it SO true. It's just so cool how the Hymn book connects with the Scriptures. I've sang that line like a hundred times. But I never knew that it was from a verse in Isaiah. I've been studying the Hymn book a lot, and it has grown my testimony of not only how beautiful the Hymns are, but how beautiful and inspired the Scriptures are too. I know that that's true and I hope you all take time to enjoy them both. I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment