Tuesday, May 31, 2016

IT IS TOO HOT HERE!!!
Fo' rills. Supa' hot. Even the basement of the basement we live in is too warm for me, AT NIGHT!! I trust in the Lord when he says that "thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment." It has been raining here though, so that's nice. YEAH MOM!!!! Now we've got 3 RMs in the family and an RN. Sweet stuff!! Oooh. I miss chocolate decadence too much. :( Now I wan't to come home. I'll get over it. For my birthday, well the Saturday (P-day) before. We went to a place called East Side Marios with another set of missionaries and had dinner. It was SUPER fun. The restaurant had me stand on a chair (and I danced, of course) while they sang me a Happy Birthday song. Then I got a free sundae and a coupon for a free lunch there. SO GOOD!!! Then on my actual Birthday. So Many Good Things!! I opened my presents in the morning and guess what?? NO CAMERA CORD!!!! I'm so confused. If you put it in there it got taken out, or you might not have put it in there. So whatever it is, let me know. Also, I didn't get the Monopoly money either. ?? And Mom, I must sadly inform you that you gave me pictures of the Toronto Temple, Bogota Temple, and the Seoul Temple for Christmas. But the Madrid one was new!! Now that the disappointments out of the way, ;) I LOVE THE FLAGS!!!! I almost started crying because it made me think of you all. When I pulled out the infinity scarf, Elder Johnson made fun of me, :( BUT he told me that one of my favorite Spanish Elders in the mission has one. So once we're companions, we'll have matching scarves. SWEET!! And the Origami Book is SO GOOD!! Elder Johnson didn't believe me when I told him the Toronto Temple was in there. He Believes Me Now! We made some Toronto Temples after that and I finished my first Origami Angel Moroni last night. It was pretty bad. ;) And I've almost eaten all of the chocolate. After we made the temples, we got a phone call from the Chinese Sisters asking if we could come over and cut down someone's Cherry Tree (no joke). So we went and basically just yanked the trunk out of the ground. Supposedly it was so manly that the mother of the house had to take a video of us doing it and a picture later. :) They just needed a couple of handsome, muscular priesthood holders. Afterwards, the mom found out it was my Birthday and ran to the store to buy me a Birthday Cake. So while we were waiting, we (us two, the two Chinese Missionaries, and the daughter of the runaway mom) had a missionary jam session (all missionary appropriate songs). I hadn't jammed out like that in months. It was Glorious. We then had Chinese lunch and mousse cheesecake with the family. Later that day, Elder Johnson packed, we got Dairy Queen Blizzards with Nancy (a friend/member in the Mississauga Ward), had MORE dinner and cake at another Member's house, then packed up and had a sleepover with the other Elders (for the next day we had to wake up SUPER early for transfers). All in all, it was a pretty great Victoria's Day. ;) And being in Ontario, I had Happy Birthday sang to me in 4.5 different languages (English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and almost Arabic). So good.
Then the next day, my world fell apart. JUST KIDDING. Man. Why do you all take everything so seriously. ;) On Tuesday, we went to transfers and twas there I met my new baby boy. His name is Elder Delap (you'll never guess what his first name is...yep you got it, Tobar. Just kidding it's Ammon!!) Small world, eh. He's from Cape Canaveral, Florida (right next to the NASA Space Center and Disney World. That's how he Always introduces it). His Spanish is as good as my Italian and he's quite the goof. Sometimes I feel like I'm training another Elder Bahr. And when I say sometimes, I mean most of the time. :} I'll whip him right into shape in no time, and while I do, the work is growing here quite a bit in Mississauga. It's been crazy being a trainer, District Leader, and (oh yeah) a Building Manager all at the same time, but it's also quite nice, not sure why, it just is.
Angela had a little incident two Sundays ago. Her mom called us saying that her face had gotten an infection and swelled up. We were pretty worried that it was a cause of her quitting smoking, but luckily it wasn't. We were able to meet with her last week and get her baptismal interview out of the way, but she's been recovering from the incident and taking lots of antibiotics so we had to postpone her baptism (but this Sunday for sure!!) Other than that, we've been meeting a lot of new, solid people to teach and baptize (including a Colombiana!!!). So get this, we were giving a Chapel Tour before English Classes to this Colombian couple and while I was testifying about the Book of Mormon, the husband said "I know it's true." I was quite taken aback, so I said "What has been your experience with the Book of Mormon??" and he fessed up and told us that he's a member!!! But his wife isn't, so we'll get her in the water. My next two goals on the mission is to baptize a white person and baptize a Colombian. Almost there!!
I'm going to expound a little on my last email about how "the best way to serve someone is by being an example." It's so true and for all of you parents or leaders or friends who are having a hard time with the decisions of loved ones' in your lives, I would invite you to do two things. 1) BE AN EXAMPLE!!! There's so many reasons why that true. So do it!! and 2) In Elder Wilford W. Anderson's Conference Talk (probably one of my favorite talks ever!!) he says that in the Gospel, "we learn the dance steps with our minds, but we hear the music with our hearts. The dance steps of the Gospel are the things we do; the music of the gospel is the joyful spiritual feeling that comes from the Holy Ghost." We can teach others how to follow the Gospel and the steps to doing it, but until we help them feel the Spirit for themselves, it's all pointless. So Be The Example and Help Others Feel the Spirit. Simple as that. ;) I love you all and hope you have another wonderful week. Chao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment