Monday, May 16, 2016

Red Velvet cake

Well...that's a car.
I'm not sure if I like it or not (actually, I am sure), but it's a car.
Luckily, I'll be busing and taking the Front Runner when I get home. :)
So I'm guessing the package has come, I just have to go to the mission office, or have the Zone Leaders go, to pick it up. Won't be a problem. Good luck on your test, Mom. My Birthday Wish will be that you do good, okay maybe not, but I still hope you do good!! I can't actually send videos, because they don't fit in my email message, but I was able to send that last one because an RM sent it to me in another form, and I forwarded it, so I'm not sure I'll be able to send any more. :/
This week has been a very nice one for me. We taught a lot of people. And met a lot of knew people to teach. Angela changed her baptismal date to the 29th of May, so it was will not be right before my birthday :( and it will be next transfer, so we'll see if I stay for that or not. In our District, we had a baptism last Saturday and two Birthdays last Saturday and Sunday. So I made a Red Velvet cake for the baptism/birthday and brownies to celebrate the other Birthday today. The Red Velvet Cake didn't turn out well. I think I used too much vinegar or something. Everyone at the baptismal service was eating it and giving me pity compliments, then the man who was baptized, Deneil, a shy but blunt married Jamaican man, comes up to me with a piece of halfway eaten cake and says "WHAT IS THIS??" That's when the truth came out. I BLAME THE RECIPE!! My brownies look SUPER good today though...hopefully.
After the baptismal service, Elder Johnson and I went to the font to make sure that the baptizer had drained the water after the baptism, and he hadn't. So we were trying really hard to open the drain (for it was a push in/push out drain) with a broom handle, but to no avail. So I came to terms with what needed to be done, took of my white shirt (not my garments, I don't know why I didn't), and while balancing myself on the stairs, I plunged into the baptismal font up to my waist. I started pushing on the drain, BUT NOTHING HAPPENED!!!! So I came out of the water, and then Bishop walked in because the Sisters were looking for us. One look at me and he knew what had happened (and he hasn't let me live it down since). He went on to show us that you have to push on the drain, then pry it open with a broom handle to open it completely. I played the fool that night.
Other than that, what happened this week?? I met three Colombians here in Mississauga (gonna' baptize them all!!) Ate Colombian food, taught with a lot of Asians, helped troubled-suicidal teenagers. The Norm.
One thing that I've pondered a lot this week is one of the main reasons why I LOVE being a missionary. I've come to realize, that although extremely important for them, the missionaries don't always get anything out of others being baptized. For example, I've been been to many peoples' baptisms, (that I've worked with) and although great for the people, I didn't really gain any life-changing experience for being there. It's something quick and it's nice to be able to witness the fruits of your labors, but I've found the true thing that brings me joy as a missionary is watching others repent, change their lives around, and experience a personal conversion to the Gospel. I've seen many people give up very hard things for this Gospel on the mission, and I've seen how much the Gospel has blessed their lives. Change and progression is an incredible thing. And, through the Atonement of Christ, we can all go through it everyday. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week. Chao!!--
Elder Flint
Canada Toronto Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment