Saturday, May 21, 2016

I'M PREGNANT!!!!
The word's out. I didn't even know about it until last night. Since our P-Day was today, we got our transfer calls last night, and I'm staying here in Mississauga and going to have my own baby boy (for all of you not familiar with missionary lingo, it means I'm training). Yep, I'm training, I'm driving, I'm still a District Leader, I'm baptizing my first white person next week, I'm almost 19. I'm almost not a kid anymore. Haha. Almost.
So Elder Johnson is going very North to a town called Cookstown, and he's going into English work. I'm getting my greenie on Tuesday. That lucky son is walking into a baptism. And we'll start baptizing nations here. So Angela's still set for baptism next Sunday, today is her quit day on smoking. So we're Super excited for that. And we have many people lined up for this next transfer, so it's gonna be a good one.
Yes, my P-day is today. And to celebrate my Birthday, we're going to an Italian Restaurant today called East Side Marios. It sounds super good and I'm excited. And we're going to buy more Horchata. Horchata is a cinammon, rice, milk drink that they have in many Spanish Countries (I know they serve it at Cafe Rio or Costa Vida). But we found this powder you mix with milk at a Hispanic Store and it's basically the best drink I've ever had. So we're going to buy more because we ran out. We'll probably do something fun on Monday, too. I got the package. I pulled out some early birthday presents today. :} You do realize that that's the second time you've given me a picture of the Toronto Temple. :) Haha.
Work sounds like a party. I hope you're enjoying all the crazy women in labor. I let you know how mine goes this Tuesday. ;) I'll probably sing. Sorry about Micah and Sophie. You made me think of a General Conference related to that. Hope it helps. <https://www.lds.org/liahona/2015/11/sunday-afternoon-session/if-ye-love-me-keep-my-commandments?lang=eng>
My days have been roller costary. I've eaten lots of Pupusas and other Spanish Food. Went on exchanges with a great man from Peru, Elder Leyton. I don't think I've ever spoken Spanish that much in one day. It wasn't as hard as I thought. I got SUPER sick yesterday. Many bathroom trips. Tums. Pepto Bismo. The works. I'm still getting over it today. :/
That was basically the highlight of the week. ;) Nothing else too big really happened.
One thing I'm buckling up for this week is how it's going to go with the trainee. President says that "The best way to serve someone is by being an example," so I've been really analyzing myself and seeing in what areas I can better myself. That's probably been one of my biggest challenges as a missionary is being an example to others, so I'm very grateful for this opportunity I have to work on that and make this new missionary the best missionary he can be. Wish me luck!!! I love you all and hope you have a great Victoria's Day (May 23, my birthday ;) Chao!!

--
Elder Flint
Canada Toronto Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment