Friday, May 6, 2016

Skyping

Sister Wright?? Sister Wright?? Hmmmm...yep, don't know her.
Just kidding (I think). I really know too many Wrights I can't put a finger on it. Maybe have him describe her. Baptizing Prophets. Yeah!! Don't you worry, Jose Manuel will be the next Prophet in no time. Jaja. 

So, I'll probably be Skyping in around 3:30-4:00 PM my time, 1:30-2:00 PM your time. So be ready. Way to be, Micah!!! Electronics are the worst. Not only the fact that they're distracting, unreliable, fragile, and stupid; from my experience and from science experiments (I think), looking at a lit screen is worse for your eyes and brain than reading a book. So keep it up!! Is that REAL Creme Brule?? Did you burn the top?? If so, good work, it looks spectacular. I don't get too many opportunities to cook here in Mississauga because we get LOTS of dinner appointments. I'm not complaining.
Good work on getting the job!! I hope you enjoy it and don't let people give you heat for working. That's ridiculous. Just tell them to move to Toronto, then they'll see how many single mothers there are working to make a living for their kids. Logan's a Priest. Now we've got a Deacon, A Priest, Three Elders, and a High Priest in the family. That's 4/5. We just have to wait for Micah to become a Teacher, then Sophie to become a Deacon, then we've got it all. ;) Tell Adam Kudos for scoring SBO. That's super sweet. And Logan, how'd your first date go?? (Yes, I'm assuming you've gone on your first date, because if you haven't... Imma beat you).
This week was quite pleasant for me. We taught a lot of people, did a lot of leader stuff, and struggled a lot with Satan. Typical missionary life. So our one Investigator (Leo) didn't get baptized yesterday. :| Last Tuesday he was set on staying Catholic, and I'll tell you, we let him have it. There are many ways the Spirit is felt. Sometimes in a still, small voice; sometimes, as a strong rebuking Spanish voice telling him to repent and stop fighting against God's will (because he knows God wants him to be baptized, he straight up told us). At this point, he's still trying to overcome his doubts, about wanting to stay Catholic, but he's pretty set on being baptized. So we'll stick in there with him and hopefully he'll come to.
Another sweet thing that happened this last week was we got a call from one of our Investigators, Angela, who had cancelled on us all of last (last) week and told us that she wants to have us over for dinner, she's excited to see us, and that she's been inviting all her family to her baptism in May. We we're SUPER PUMPED. We took our Bishop over and had dinner with her last Friday. She has a super strong testimony and really wants to be baptized, she just needs to quit smoking. But she's already quitting, so we're hoping to help her get baptized SOON.
Another good experience I had this week was last night, we had a "Why I Believe Fireside." I was asked to sing a solo, and the day before, I was told I'm singing "I Feel My Savior's Love." I practiced it a couple of times and it went...let's just say it went. The beginning and the end were stellar (which is all that really matters). I kind of completely forgot the lyrics at some points, so I started "crying." Not the "OH NO, I forgot the lyrics I'm so embarrassed" kind of crying, but the "I'm feeling the Spirit so strongly I'm speechless" kind of crying. My companion said I covered it up pretty well. And THAT'S why I did acting in High School!! And when I looked out into the audience, they were all crying too. SCORE!! Jajaja. Good stuff.
The Spirit is a very interesting thing. It can be felt in a plethora of different ways. It's something very personal, so if you haven't found out HOW you feel the Spirit yet, I invited you to read, pray, and see how you feel. I promise you that if you do this with "faith, real intent, and a sincere heart," God will send the Spirit to you. One other thing that I was studying this morning was the gifts of the spirits. Paul says that "to every man, a gift is given." So I also invite you to study those (Articles of Faith 1:7, Moroni 10, 1 Corinthians 12, etc.) and discover the gifts that God has blessed you with. Then use them to bless others, because that's what it's all about. I love you all and hope you're all doing well. Talk to ya Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment