Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day

Sister Lolita, she was a show girl, she has long yellow hair, and a name tag of a misssion-air-y (Name that song).
I do know Lolita Wright. I didn't know that she was serving a mission though. Hmm...good stuff. Missions are pretty great. They usually send missionaries home on Wednesday. So if my calculations are right (and don't quote me on this) I should be coming home on August 2, 2017. But we'll see. LOGAN!! Why in the world didn't you say you want to be in Singers?? Even if you didn't want to, you could have gone to Call-Backs, made it in, and then dropped out. Nothing wrong with that. It just lets you know that you're a boss. Ah well. Go on a date.
Not anything super exciting happened this week apart from Skyping you all. We worked with Angela and Leo a lot. Helping them towards their baptisms. On Thursday night, we went with Black Creek Central (my old area) to surprise Jose Manuel and Estefany with a visit. We were supposed to help them paint their house, but they just ended up feeding us dinner. It was so good to celebrate el Cinco de Mayo with my favorite Chilango. It's absolutely incredible the friendships you form in the mission and through the Gospel. We then slept over at the Black Creek Central Elders' apartment and went to Zone Council on Friday, where I got to see Abigail again. Afterwards, us and the Black Creek Central companionship went out a ate PUPUSAS!!!! They were GLORIOUS!!! Also, the lady who's house we Skyped at told us that she knows how to make Pupusas (even though she's from Panama, not El Salvador), so we'll have to follow through with that.
On Saturday, we and a couple members (who we took with us to a lesson w/Angela) went out and got some All-You-Can-Eat Sushi. I LOVE SUSHI!! It was super good, but the service was deathly slow. So not going back there again. Sunday was a crazy day. Running around, getting people to come to church, meeting new investigators, eating ice cream (for Mother's Day), and I also gave a first Baptismal Interview in English. It was super to hear the experiences of this man and his conversion story. He will be getting baptized this Saturday and we're all very excited for him.
During the interview, he talked about something that I never really thought too much about before. I was talking with him about the Word of Wisdom, and he told me a story about how he witnessed a man going through some serious addiction withdrawals and shocked him. He told me that he's never realized the reality of addiction and how blessed he is not to be addicted to anything like that. Whenever he would drink before, it would be a conscious decision. For many, we're blessed with this natural resistance to these addictive things, and we should realized and give thanks for these blessings that God has given us. Of course, others do have problems to some addictions, and for those that do, it's important to seek help from God and from loved ones around you. You CAN get through it and, if you do, it WILL make you stronger. I've seen it in my life. I love you all and hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. Love you Mom!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment