Monday, June 6, 2016

pics




People. Are. Jerks.
I have NO idea why ANYONE would have taken the c
ord, money, AND guitar picks. Was there a family letter in there as well, because I got a bunch from the ward (Christmas ones), but no family one. I know last time the Monopoly money was with that. What a world. There's nothing else I can think of. But yeah, I basically can make an Origami Toronto Temple from memory now because basically all the Sisters in the mission have asked me to make them one. YES! Chocolate Decadence!!! We're going to Costco today, so I'll go buy the goods. Tell your cousin that the drink is called Horchata. It's sold in most Hispanic Restaurants, but the powder is the BEST I've ever had. The brand is called "Klass" and it comes in a pretty big bag for usually pretty cheap.
So this last week was pretty grand. Honestly, missionary work is one of my favorite things. Especially when you have people to teach and baptize. This last Tuesday, we were teaching an 11 year-old Brazilian boy named Joao, whose mother is a returning member. We were talking about baptism, and he turns to his mom and asks her "Have I been baptized??" she says "no," then he says "When am I going to get baptized??" It was SO sweet. So we set him with a baptismal date in three weeks, June 25th. We've been working with a bunch of other people, and it has been incredible to see all their progression. Angela, the woman who was supposed to get baptized yesterday, is still pending on her baptism, due to the fact that she is recovering from dental work. We've talked with her though and she is still set on being baptized. So in time.
Nothing too much more happened this week. I was able to go on exchanges with the famous Elder Bahr. :) It was super cool to see how much he has grown as a missionary since the beginning of his mission. Love that guy. Remember when I said that Elder Delap reminds me a TON like him. Well they met. And yeah. I was right. They clicked better than...a really good seatbelt. ;) Elder Delap and I are having our ups and downs. He likes to comment (negatively) about every little thing I do (especially driving), which is dangerous because I'm very prideful and sassy (thanks Dad). So I usually just do something really sassy that makes him upset. So, needs be, we're trying to find a better way to get along. He's got a lot to handle being a new missionary and everything, so I should try to make his life a little less stressful. :)
We had a big Zone meeting last Friday (where I saw Abigail again) and one thing that we talked about was the importance of having the Spirit in our lives and in the lives of the people we're working with. Prior to the meeting, I read a great talk by Henry B. Eyring. where he addressed the problem many people have about discerning from their own thoughts, and the impressions of the Spirit. He says "You can know when these impressions to act for Him are from the Spirit rather than from your own desires. When the impressions square with what the Savior and His living prophets and apostles have said, you can choose to obey with confidence. Then the Lord will send His Spirit to attend you." That is a promise from a Prophet, and it's something that I think a lot of people struggle about in life. But he puts it quite plainly and bluntly. I know that the Spirit is SO important to have and to listen to. I've been trying to align my life more these last few weeks to have the constant companionship of the Spirit with me. I love you all and hope you have a great week. Chao!!



No comments:

Post a Comment