Thursday, June 23, 2016

Golden State Lost

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm coming home. You can't stop me. If I'm going to be depressed, I want to have my depressed family and a punching bag with me.
THEY WERE KILLING IT!!!! HOW DID THEY LOSE??? AH!!!!
It's alright. They won last year. They just had to make a point this year and then decided to shed some pity on Lebron James and let him win this time.
It's like the Oscars. They HAD to give Di Caprio an Oscar. They just had to. And they HAD to let Lebron James win one. It's what keeps the universe in check. Oh man, my companion just told me he thought July was spelled with two "Ls." :| Oh no... ;) 
Father's Day sounds like it was fun. Personally, I like chicken more than turkey anyway. Mmmmm...Chocolate Bacon. To be brutally honest, though, I like Maple Bacon Donuts more. And that's not just because I'm temporarily Canadian. I can't think of anything else for the package. Ooooo. Pineapple Dole Whip at Parley's Place?? I'm really coming home now. That place is ze best. Sorry about the long days, Mom. Hope it all goes well.
This last week for me was a lot more relaxed. Still super great though. Last Monday we had one of my good friends, and favorite members, Stuart (see Dapper Chinese Man in past picture), take us shopping at the Mall. I Love Shopping. I'll admit it. WITH PRIDE!!! I got some SWEET STUFF!!!! Two new ties, two pairs of Cuff Links, a bie tar, a new Cuff Link Shirt, and a New Black Pair of Pants (because my last ones ripped). All just a little of a hundred dollars (US dollars). NOT BAD. It was super fun, took me back to the good ole' days where Joe and I would go shoppin' at the mall. :) It was a touch awkward though because we were dragging my companion around (A. He doesn't really love shopping and B. He thought his debit card didn't work, which it did) and Stuart didn't end up buying anything. Their Loss.
Last Tuesday I saw Abigail, because she was on Exchanges with the Sisters in Mississauga. I'll send you the Missionary Appropriate picture we took (Elder Delap and I were doing service beforehand. That's why I look like a normal person).
Wednesday we had a Zone Conference. Which is where we saw President and Sister Clayton for our last time (probably). It was super fun. Pictures will follow.
So on Saturday, our Ward had our "Annual Chili Cook-Off" and Bake Sale, but lets swing back a couple hours to Friday Night. So for the Bake Sale, I decided that I wanted to make Chocolate Cups filled with Mousse. I had done this once before in the past (years ago) and so I was pretty confident about it. How you make the chocolate cups is by dipping balloons in melted chocolate, freezing them, and then when you pop the balloons, the chocolate cup stays. So my first mistake was using these crummy, old balloons that I had that are used for making balloon animals. My second mistake was deciding to double my efforts and use both ends of the balloon to make TWO chocolate cups at once. My third and most fatal mistake was not letting the melting chocolate cool down before dipping the balloons in. SO, I had dipped one end in, let the excess drip off, turned it over, dipped in the other end, pulled it out, then POP!!!! Hot Melted Chocolate ALL OVER the Wall, the Floor, the Oven, the Toaster, the Newly Washed Dishes, My Clothes, the CEILING, the walls in the OTHER Room, and many more things. I cried. Not really, it was pretty funny, and miserable. I did all my follow up calls that night while scrubbing EVERYTHING in our kitchen. Needless to say, I gave up on making the cups, after I popped two more balloons.
Nevertheless, the Chili Cook-Off was SUPER fun. The missionaries were the judges of the chili. So we got to try all of them (11 chilies). Everyone agreed on the best chili, except me. I was the odd one out. Really, I was the only one with perfect taste buds. ;)
Father's Day was fun. No one came to church. Well, almost no one. After church the Relief Society made a big Lunch for the Fathers/Future Fathers. It was super fun. Later that night we stopped by to pick up a belt from the Bishop's House (mine broke) and his wife invited us in to have dinner with them. It was very nice and pleasant. I shared one of the first scriptures I've memorized, which is found in Acts 17:27-29 which reads, "That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him WE LIVE, and MOVE, and HAVE OUR BEING; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device." This Father's Day, I reflected on my Earth Father and how he has blessed my life in SO many ways and how incredible he is and the incredible example he has been. But also, I thought a lot of my Spiritual Father. How much I have inherited from him. How much I love him and he loves us. How much he has blessed me with. Our relationship with our father in Heaven and the opportunity we have to have constant contact with him is an INCREDIBLE Blessing in our lives. I know that he loves us. And I love him. And I love you all. And I hope you all had a wonderful father's day. Chao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment