Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Well Nuts Family. Just Nuts. Cacahuetes. Amendoins. Nuts.
So remember my last email that said I'm so happy because I'm not getting transferred. SIKE!!! I did get transferred. So last Monday I got a surprise call telling me that I'm getting transferred to the Black Creek Central Area. Yay...except the fact that because the transfer call was a whole day late I didn't have time to say goodbye to my old ward, Elder Johnson and I had used all our money on groceries (because we were sure that we weren't getting transferred), I had about 2 hours to pack, there's no good Poutine here, or guitar stores, or Schwarma, and the only cultural diversity here is Blacks and Hispanics...... It is just stupendous. :| 

I am now in a trio with Elder Flake and Elder Bahr, my old MTC companion. One more thing. I am in need of a camera chord or a memory card to USB converter because I can't find one that fits my camera anywhere. So I'll still be on the hunt for that but if you guys have the one for Grandma's camera, that'd be great to have. But until then...no pictures. Which stinks because I have a lot. :|
Good news for this week. Um...I got a new hat from the apartment. It's Russian style and I love it. We actually have investigators that have baptismal dates coming up, so that's very cool. We're going bowling as a Zone later today. So that's pretty exciting. Um...I had Tim Hortons Hot Chocolate for the first time. That was pretty good. So Tim Hortons is a super famous coffee and donuts place in Canada. It's like Starbucks, but there's more of them. They also sell soups and sandwiches and of course Hot Chocolate (which I learned this week was fantastic). So I'm already set for Christmas. I'm PUMPED! Halloween's pretty exciting too. Except missionaries can't go to certain areas of the city. I'll probably go as a missionary this Saturday, for Halloween. Maybe I'll put my new hat on and go as a Russian Missionary?? Oohh, mixin' it up!!  The week has been pretty slow though.
I hope you all have a fun time at the Halloween party. Make sure the little kids don't ruin the scare house. Because that's just the worst. Who are you're new students Logan?? Well, I think at one point I had 10 so if you can beat that, you'll have won my respect, but until then...nope. Good luck with the Knowledge Bowl. That team really is the worst. Shut them up, and WIN! (Name that movie) And don't worry, I'm glad the Blue Jays lost too, because now all they're merchandise is going to go on sale for really cheap, so I'll get some good souvenirs out of that. Sick!! The most exciting thing's we've done for P-day is going downtown. I can't go to Niagara Falls because it's out of my area and a ways aways. Sometimes we can get permission to leave our areas for P-days, but Niagara Falls is too far away for us to go there. We're hoping to go to my old area so we can go get Smokes Poutine and go downtown and buy guitars (well, just me on that last one). And Mom, about your nursing clinical at the hospital?? Aren't you used to 575 lb. dirty old men walking around naked with poop on their bottom?? Dad does that about everyday. JAJAJAJA PONED!!!!! That was set up TOO perfectly. Gotcha pops. Hey speaking of weight...guess who lost 15 pounds in the last 6 weeks?? This guy!!!!! I'm at 185!!!! And I haven't even started my Cleanse diet yet (did I tell you about the Cleanse??). So that's awesome.
One interesting thing I've found with this last transfer is how a lot of different Elders' follow the rules. My last companion was a little more lenient with our schedule, but he was also a little more appropriate with his conduct than my companions now. I've found that probably the easiest way to go about doing things, is just to try and follow all the rules. Honestly. It takes away all the doubt you have about if you're doing the right thing, it honestly makes life easier, and perfect obedience brings blessings. Now, for all you non-missionaries, I've found that this truth applies to the commandments also. If you just choose the right choice, life is guiltless, easier, and you have a lot less regrets. One thing that a lot of people don't understand about our church is that the commandments aren't there to limit our fun, they're there to make sure that our lives are more fun, more free from worldly things, and more free from guilt and sadness. It's as simple as that. So advice for the week. Don't see how close you can get to that edge before falling off of it, because falling off it really sucks. I know. I've been there. I love you all and hope you're lives are guilt free and frivolous. Happy Halloween!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment