Monday, October 5, 2015

GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!

GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!
That was pretty intense. That was like a funeral, a welcoming, and a bunch of Spirit all put into about 10 hours. CRAZY!! I love Elder Rasband and the other two apostles seem like they're going to be awesome. I'm not sure what my favorite talk was, but holy smokes, they put a ton of emphasis on Sabbath Day Holy, The Holy Ghost, and Women. Didn't see that coming. It was all really good though. President Monson did seem very tired and when he didn't close the Conference that was very worrisome. I hope he's alright. Elder Bednar's closing talk though was very intense, and I feel like a perfect way to close this conference.
This week has been very crazy and very fun. I tried real Poutine for the first time!!!! We went to this place called Franks, which is a very famous Hot Dog Place and got some very good poutine. Original Poutine is basically just fries with gravy and cheese curds on it, but Good Poutine has a lot more than that. The poutine I had, had Chorizo, Bacon, Grilled Onions, Chives, and Pulled Pork on top of it. IT WAS SO GOOD!!!! On top of that, last Wednesday we decided to go to K-Town and go get lunch at pretty much the first Korean restaurant we walked by. It was very different. I had Marinated Mackerel for my main dish. But I also ate a lot of Kimchee, Chili Sauce, Rice, Tofu, Random Vegetables I've never heard of, wontons, and much more. It was very Korean. I thought of Skyler…I cried. :)
Other than that, we've done a lot of tracting this week, we've also been working with a blind member and helping him bet the Melchizedek Priesthood and work towards his Endowments so that has been very cool.
I'm glad to hear that Mom keeps changing her ways to get the kids to do their chores. I'm pretty sure the only way for her to stick with one way, is for the Second Coming. But then after that we still have the Millennium, and then we have eternity. So all hope is lost. :(
Ice Skating is the Best!! I hope you are all having fun with that. Classes are always terrible, and so are tests. So that's fun. Have fun in Saint George.
CHRISTMAS!!!! I'M SO PUMPED!!! What do I want?? Hm...I want a pony and a rocket ship and Barbies and...Just kidding, just the Pony. Um...they did not have jackets at the mission home. But I think I'll be fine there. I will probably need to buy some boots. I need to buy a Guitar also. :) I get pretty lonely with just my sad Harmonica. I do get to play the piano a lot at church though. Actually, I've been playing the organ for our ward because we don't have an organist. Or didn't. Until now. So that's been very fun. Some things that might be nice for Christmas, if you could sneak it across the border, is dry cooking ingredients (spices, seasonings, stuff like that) because we are limited to buying cheap easy things to make. Piano/Organ/Guitar Music would be great. An Italian Language Book. There are SO MANY ITALIANS HERE!!! And I want to speak their language. Also, I have an Arabic Book I left at home. If you want to send that too, that would be great. President Clayton is actually considering starting to have Arabic Speaking Missionaries here. Which Is CRAZY!!! because I'm pretty sure no other missions in the world have Arabic Speakers. And guess who's under the radar that speaks a little bit of Arabic?? ME. Supposedly, President Clayton is sometimes sporadic about changing peoples languages (for example, all the Farsi speaking missionaries here didn't know it until they arrived in the field, same with a lot of the Portuguese speakers.) Who knows?? That would be super intense though.
Other than those things, I can't think of anything else. Maybe some American Hostess. Actually, weird things about Canada Part II.
They have Hostess here. But all the boxes are designed differently and some of the names are changed. (e.i. a Ding Dong here is called a King Dong) Weird stuff. They do have Twinkies here also. I'm not sure about the other things.
Also, there are a TON of squirrels here. And they are all Black!?!?!?! So Canadian Squirrels are Black. So that's weird.
We do have Halloween here. And we have Canadian Thanksgiving. I can't remember when it is, but most of the missionaries here celebrate American Thanksgiving too. So Double the Stuffing!!!!
I'll put on some more things as I notice them.
One thing that I LOVED from conference was the elder who challenged every to ponderize a scripture every week. I LOVE THAT IDEA because THE SCRIPTURES ARE AWESOME!!!! I've been studying the Book of Mormon these last few weeks very intensely. My goal is eventually at the end of my life to have the Book of Mormon memorized. :) But for real. I decided to ponderize a verse or more from a different chapter of the Book of Mormon every week. This week I'm starting with
1 Nephi 1:1. I'm SO EXCITED!!!! I RE-CHALLENGE all of you to take up this Commitment and ponderize at least one scripture a day because the Scripture are SO COOL!!! Especially the BOOK OF MORMON!!! The Book of Mormon is one of the greatest gifts this world has. DON'T TAKE IT FOR GRANTED!!! Lots of Love. Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment