Monday, September 28, 2015

Howdy!

Howdy,
Everything sounds very fun back home. I hope Idaho is fun, if you all end up going there. And Dad's finally about to get over that hill. Woowoo!! The Sunday Family Dinner sounds AWESOME. Maybe I'll talk to my president and see if I can make it. Jajaja. And I had no idea that the Lockhart Family moved TO California?? I'm so out of the loop, and out of the country. Was up Micah. I am having a good time right now.
This week was pretty chill. My companion and I are having pretty bad luck right now finding people to teach that will actually follow up on their appointments. We've been having a lot of people cancel on us, but we Keep Pressing On!! Elder Johnson and I made deep-fried Oreos the other day which was pretty fun. Next time we're going to try with Double Stuff though. Single Stuff is just never enough... Yep. Obviously, I don't have to much to write so I'm just going to tell you all some interesting facts about living in Canada:
All the stereotypes of Canada are definitely true. Everyone does say "Eh." And I've met a man who sounds EXACTLY like the two moose off of Brother Bear. That was really funny.
Their milk comes in BAGS?!?!?! You buy one big bag with three smaller bags, and then you cut off the corner and stick a smaller bag in a pitcher. It's super weird.
I'm not sure I had ever seen their money before, Loonies and Toonies are dollar (Loonie) and two-dollar (Toonie) coins. And then they have bills starting at five dollars.
EVERYONE calls the bathroom a washroom.
The stoplight circles get bigger when going from green to red.
In Toronto, Baseball is huge. And when I say Baseball, I mean the Toronto Blue Jays.
No one pays attention to Canada Politics, but everyone knows the Donald Trump is about to become the next American President.
At least in Spanish work here, if you don't like hot sauce on EVERYTHING. No one likes you. :)
That does remind me of a funny story:
So last Saturday, we went over to a members house to talk with them and share a message. I wasn't expecting dinner, but when we got there, dinner was brought out to us. And on the plate before me, was a hot dog and a hamburger SMOTHERED IN KETCHUP!!!!!! Now, I don't know if you all remember, but I DON'T LIKE KETCHUP!!! So I buckled down and ate the whole meal. It was rough, I may have cried, but I did it. End of story.
Another struggle I've been having this week, is something that I absolutely despise. I've been dwelling on the past and thinking a little too much about the future. I've found that when we do that, we, for obvious purposes, tend to forgot to live in the present. This concept is something that EVERYONE is guilty of, and I can't stand it, because then life passes us by and we realize that we spent all of our past focusing on the future. Something that I've learned this last week and have been trying to adapt it to my life is LIVE IN THE MOMENT!!!!! You Can't Change the Past and If You Live NOW, the Future Will Probably Be A Lot Better. Of course, don't make choices that will negatively affect the future, but make sure you can look back with NO REGRETS. That's how life is meant to be lived. So there's my motivational speech for the week. Love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment