Tuesday, September 8, 2015

TWO DAYS!!!!! I'm so pumped.

TWO DAYS!!!!! I'm so pumped. So expect the phone call between 12 PM and 1 PM on Monday (because I have a layover in Minneapolis). Joey also is coming over I believe. Maybe because I invited him to. :) I did receive a phone card from a friend, so hopefully that will all work out great. I'm glad Charlie's birthday was fun, and that college life is treating Skyler well. I do remember watching the Ring for family home evening about 9 or 8 years ago. So I know the feeling Sophie. WHAT!?!?!?!?! Girl, Logan, girl, Ginger, kissing??? Finally, Logan's started liking girls. I'm so happy now. You really are taking all my jobs Logan. ;) $30. Sweet sweet. I guess I'll be going out to sushi with my new companion once we land in Toronto. ;) I don't know if you guys will pay my tithing on that or I have to or what but I'm confused. I guess it all goes back to me anyway. :) Everything else sounds great at home. You guys almost make me homesick telling all these fun things. Almost. B) And Logan. Why didn't you complete your past mission?? But honest to goodness. Some nights the only way I can get to sleep is by singing that Abbey Road medley in my head, and I've forgotten like half the song. So if you guys want to send me at least the lyrics, that could be great. Because it really helps me out. If not I understand. I'll just go through my whole mission in the dark remembering only half the song. The Curse of the Missionary. But if you could. Happiness.
This last week was very chill. Elder Dallin H Oaks came last Sunday. So that was pretty fun. He talked a lot on missionary stuff. Yay. As you can tell I'm kind of tired right now. I've been studying a TON. Spanish, French, el Libro de Mormon, etc. Yesterday we had our in-field orientation. A lot of classes and a lot of boring (I promise I'm usually more optimistic than this :) It did get me a little more pumped for going out into the mission field. Other than that, I've been playing a lot of Basketball and Volleyball this week, I got a haircut today and it's pretty different, I had the hair-cutting lady take off all the curls on the sides, so it's very interesting. I like it enough though. I solved a Rubic's Cube for my first time, so I'm pretty much a pro at that. I packed up about 90% today. All ready to go.
I actually bought like 50 pass along cards and 2 paperback Book of Mormons for the plane ride, because I decided that I'm not going to waste any time once I get out of the MTC. I'm a little nervous because, before the mission, I was always a little scared of talking about the Gospel to any nonmembers (friends, family, random strangers). And I think that is the case for all lot of people, missionaries or non-missionaries. But the thing is, what are we trying to invite them to do?? We're honestly trying to bring perfect joy and happiness into there lives by bringing them unto Christ through baptism. WHY WOULDN'T WE WANT TO SHARE THAT?!?!?!? Billions of people in the world our living in darkness and depression, we NEED to bring the Light of Christ to those people. We can't waste any time to invite everyone and anyone into this Gospel. Our lives on Earth are shorter than we think. SO, my invitation to all of you who are reading this, is to Get Off Your High Horse!!! and Invite those friends to church. Give someone a book off Mormon. Or just talk to some lonely kid at school or church. You have NO IDEA the difference that it can make. In the wise words of a wonderful actor, "Just, DO IT!!!!! YES YOU CAN!!!!" So that's my motivational speech for the week. Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment