Monday, October 19, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!! But Canadian Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!! But Canadian Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

So this last Monday was Thanksgiving in Canada. Because of this, EVERYTHING was closed. We couldn't email, buy groceries, or buy my guitar. :) So this week has been crazy. We were invited to a members house for Thanksgiving dinner. They are Peruvian so their food is always VERY good. It was an incredible experience. Other than that, this week has been very fun and very busy. We've gone to a lot of members houses for meals and done a lot of other stuff. Out of the blue we got two new investigators last Saturday, which was a miracle. And at least one of them seems pretty solid. Also, our district had three baptisms last week. We had two baptismal services and at the second service I played a musical number with a missionary who played the flute. They were both very good. This week has already been very crazy also. For all the new missionaries that have been here for around six weeks, we are going on a temple trip tomorrow so I'm SUPER PUMPED!!! I've ate a lot of Poutine this week, schwarmed a couple more times, eaten a lot of hot sauce, the works.
That's so cool you guys got to see Jeffery R. Holland!! He's an incredible man. How do you know I ate at Baskin Robbins?? I feel very personally invaded by my own mother. ;) 5 BUCKS?? I believe when I took it out here it said two extra dollars in Canadian money (which has less value). That's strange. I'll definitely avoid ATMs then. I've been trying not to use my debit card too much at all. But life happens. For the spices, I definitely don't want sauce packets, I'm thinking more like garlic powder, cocoa powder, bouillon, different rubs, parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Stuff like that. Money on my debit card sounds great. I definitely want to buy a guitar here myself, because I also want a souvenir from Toronto that I would treasure, and a guitar would be perfect for me. And buying it online takes away the souvenir part. I definitely CAN have a guitar, I know a few other missionaries that have some. The rule here is that we can only play our musical instruments on P-Day and when we do play them, we should only play Hymns. Which are both understandable but very interesting rules because I play the piano about 3 to 4 times a week for different meetings and I play the organ every week on Sunday. But I'll be obedient, and I might talk to the President about it. :) Have fun in Saint George. That all sounds very fun. I'm very jealous of you guys going to Beauty and the Beast and of course playing Pickle Ball. Jajaja. That's way cool Hawkes is also going to North Carolina. And piano lessons make BANK!!! That's crazy that Bills is paying for Pianists now. HA! Jokes on him. Bills Breakfast Bashes are the Best and yeah, he was always very awkward about asking people to play piano for him. He treated me like that all the time too. Just show him who's boss, Logan, and tell him how much you charge. ;) FREE CHOIR TOURS FOR LIFE!!!!! 2 Nephi 22?? That is when Nephi is quoting Isaiah RIGHT?? I've been memorizing all the chapters in the Book of Mormon. And the Book of Mormon. My scripture this week are 1 Nephi 1:2,  Nephi 2:1, and of course 1 Nephi 2:15 (And my father dwelt in a tent, nailed it).
Two questions: 1st, I was looking online at familysearch.org and I believe that I'm the only one on there of the kids in our family, it may just look different on there for me. I don't know. I just thought you'd like to know. Also, have you guys watched the 12 Steps Videos?? If not, YOU NEED TO!!! They're INCREDIBLE!! They're LDS videos about 12 different people who went through addiction recovery. They're a little intense so maybe keep the age limit to Logan and older. :) But I don't care if you're an hard core addict or you've never been addicted to anything in your life. Everyone should watch them. I've learned a ton from them. That's my motivation for the week. WATCH THE 12 STEP VIDEOS!!! And keep ponderizing scriptures, it's AWESOME!!! Love you all, hope life is exciting. Ciao.


And now, a little something about Canadian Thanksgiving. Holidays in Canada tend to always be on Monday (unless it's like Christmas, December 25) because supposedly Canadians like long weekends. I've heard that Canadians also celebrate the Pilgrims coming to America, because eventually, they too traveled to and settled in Canada. They just came to America first. :) For this Thanksgiving, the whole Province of Ontario watched or went to the Blue Jays baseball game. They played against Texas. It's super big because this is the first time in a long time the Blue Jays have been in the Playoffs. They won, so Canada celebrated. Huzzah.

No comments:

Post a Comment