Monday, October 19, 2015

2nd Transfer Down!!

2nd Transfer Down!! (Well, Basically 2nd Transfer)

And, it snowed here!!!!! Yay Winter! Well, it more like dusted here. The snow was very sparse, but it was snow, nonetheless. And it has definitely been getting colder here. I love it. So this week was pretty crazy. We got to go to the temple last Thursday and it was FANTASTIC!!!!!! I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!!! I finally got to see the third endowment movie that I haven't seen yet. All three new videos: Check that off the bucket list. The whole trip was super fun though. And yesterday, everyone who is getting transferred got called. Elder Johnson and I luckily get to stay in our area. I would be very upset if I got transferred because I've become very attached to the ward. And I want to be here for Christmas. Many good friends are leaving though, so that's quite bittersweet. It's crazy to think that I've been on the mission for 3 months already. Do that 7 more times and I'll be coming home. It's honestly felt like it's been a few weeks. So Crazy!! Other than that, this week nothing too exciting happened. Went to some members' houses for dinner. Ate a lot of potatoes (I didn't realize how much potatoes Hispanics eat!!) Fun stuff.
St. George sounds fun. I still have no idea what pickleball, so it's sounds great, but yeah, pretty lost here. :} I talked about Thanksgiving in my other email. But basically they just celebrate the same things, pilgrims coming to America, then to Canada...eventually. They eat the same kind of stuff. Good deal. And today's voting day in Canad  so we're getting a New Prime Minister. Huzzah, eh? Choir concerts are always awesome. Sorry to break it to you mom, but you probably won't be able to hear Logan sing specifically. Unless he has a solo. Which would be sick!! Woohoo! Night school. Party time. That sounds terrible and fun all at the same time. I wouldn't mind sleeping during the day and working at night. I think the darkness is my ally, I was born in the darkness, molded by it. The first time I was introduced to the light, it was nearly blinding to me. Name That Movie!?!?!
Dude, Micah, what's up. Good work on getting to the playoffs. Yeah, Springville's the worst. I hope Beauty and the Beast was good. And all those restaurant's sound delicious. I really hope you're not my bra because I don't need to wear a bra and wearing you just puts images in my mind that I just don't need right now, or ever. EVER!!!
Yeah, Logan. I've learned that sometimes, people just don't know how to read music, or sing. I've also learned that most Hispanics don't sing very well at all. I love Hispanics, but they can't sing. Except Enrique, he can be my hero...baby. I play the organ for sacrament meeting (and by the way, the organ is SO SICK) but it's always quite fun when we have fermatas in a song because for the most part, no one knows that they need to hold them out, and sometimes the conductor just keeps going. So I'm holding out the note, half the congregation holds it out, the other half awkwardly pretends like they held it out too (but we all know they didn't), and the conductor's just going at it. Chopping logs, making a sandwich, killing chickens. You know, the works. But it's all very fun. This week, I'm memorizing 1 Nephi Chapter 1 and ponderizing 1 Nephi 3:7.
So I've relearned a couple things this week. So last night, we accompanied the Bishop and his wife to a inactive member's house and talked with her. The reason she went inactive was because she was diagnosed with Cancer (in the kidney, I believe) and she decided to stay home and basically wallow in her pains. I've seen this same effect with many other people we've worked with. Now, one thing I learned in the first few weeks here is that I HATE staying in my apartment for hours on hours. Even if I'm a little nervous to go outside, or talk to people, it ALWAYS makes me feel better, one way or another. I came to the conclusion that procrastination, or laziness will always get you nowhere. The only way to accomplish something in life is to get off your rear end and DO IT!!!!! JUST DO IT!!!! YES YOU CAN!!! So turn off your TV, stop reading this email, get off your couch, light it on fire, and GO DO SOMETHING!!!!! Love you all. Ciao.

P.S. I don't have any pictures this week because Elder Johnson lost his camera cord. But I'm going to buy a converter today, so next week. NOW TURN THE COMPUTER OFF!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment