Monday, July 11, 2016

I'm Woody. Howdy Howdy Howdy.

I'm Woody. Howdy Howdy Howdy.
Just kidding. I'm Elder Flint. Sorry to disappoint you all. ;)
I'm glad Oregon was a Blast. Woot woot!! New drone. Don't let Micah fly it in the snow. That would be a bad idea. Sounds like life's pickin' up and slowin' down back in Utah. I hope that tennis camp and ice skating a Trek are all fun. Hey Logan! You should take a date to Trek!!! Or go on a date!! Or like Girls!!! You're killin' me!!! Good luck with the 3 more day shifts Mom. Shoo are almost there!!
I hope I get the package too. I'll know by tomorrow. Yes, the Canadian Post is on strike all over Canada. So stupid. Also, in Mississauga, all the Librarians went on strike, which is obnoxious because we usually email in the library (right now I'm at a Family History Center). Canadians and their strikes. Thanks for inconveniencing the rest of us!!! Yes, it is still pretty hot here. We get a lot of rain though, which is nice. It's all very humid, which kind of stinks when you wake up sweating (and we live in the basement of a basement).
Other than the sweltering weather, this week was pretty good. Lots of Colombian stuff. The works.
Last Tuesday was transfers, so we had a sleepover at our place with another companionship, had a hair cutting party, then chauffeured them up to Brampton (where the temple is) the next morning. It was a lot of fun. I'm still District Leader, Trainer, and Building Manager (:P too much responsibility). I did get a lot of new faces in the District though. I'm super pumped because there's a lot of diversity in it and great missionaries.
Last Friday, we decided to go back to this great Colombian Restaurant (La Colombia Mia) because there's supposed to be dancing on Friday nights (not that we can dance). But we came and I talked to the owner and he told me that the dancing usually starts around 9:30-10:00 PM (our curfew :| . Darn Hispanics. Always starting the party super late. But, while there, we started talking to a Hispanic man who said he had met with missionaries in the past and they really helped him. We gave him a card and he told us that his family is coming from El Salvador (I think) and he's going to call us so we can meet with them. SUPER COOL!!!! Hopefully he actually calls, but nonetheless, I love going to Hispanic Restaurants to do Missionary Work. It's the Best. We've also met a lot of other people at that restaurant and have made friendships. Missionary Work is just so Fun!! It really is the best.
Other than that, none of our investigators came to church. Super bummer. But we'll keep workin' them towards baptism and gettin' them to repent. Hopefully we'll see some good this week.
But to end on a less sour note, we saw this HUGE miracle last Saturday. So we were at the church, getting ready for English Classes when these two really old people (and their Granddaughter) walk in. They're from Hungary and they didn't know a lick of English. So we sent them into the English Classes and then we decided to see if there was any Hungarian material in our church library (yeah right). Being an English Ward with lots of Mandarin and Spanish people, we didn't have much hope, BUT!! by the grace of heaven, I pulled out a thin book with a strange language on it, opened it up, and read "Selections from the Book of Mormon in HUNGARIAN!!!!" It Was NUTS!!!!! So we took them on a tour of the chapel, which they understood basically nothing (except what the Granddaughter translated) and then we whipped out the Book. Their faces LIT UP!!!! They were flipping through the book, speaking gibberish (I mean Hungarian) and smiling so widely. We committed them to read and pray about it, then they said they'd come to church that Sunday!!!! they didn't. BUT!! We will see them in the future and it was such a miracle. I have NO doubt in my mind that the Lord placed that book there. I mean, why else would it be there. We have no Hungarians in our ward or even in Mississauga (other than those two ;). The Lord prepares the way for his children to come unto the Gospel. Fact!! I love you all and hope you see the Lord's hand in your life this week. Chao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment