Monday, July 11, 2016

AMERICA!!!!!!

AMERICA!!!!!!
As I sit here next to my American Flag on the 4th of July, I can't help but thinking how wonderful it is to be an American!!! Don't matter who our President is. I'm a 'MERICAN!!!! ;) Although, Poutine, Nanimo Bars, and Real Maple Syrup is quite nice. So actually SIKE, not a Zone Leader...yet. They're keeping me here in Mississauga to finish training this Greenie. I'm super excited because all the baptisms we were supposed to have these last few transfers, WILL be happening this transfer. So I'll get to be here for all of that. THEN they'll make me a Zone Leader. :)
I hope that you all are having a grand time at Canon Beach, or had a grand time. Love the West Coast very much. I hope Grandma is feeling better. And I really hope that I get that package. Stinkin' Canada. Every goes on Strike here. Not like AMERICA!!!!! BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!! That's SO Sick!!!! And Styx opened for them??? MAN! Boston should have opened for Styx!! That's sick. Go on a date. This Friday. Here's an idea. Take a girl to go play Disc Golf!!! The last time a Flint boy did that he got smooched. oh yeah, that was me. ;) Just go on a date dang it!!!!
This last week for me was quite...actually it was pretty lame. We had people bomb on us like nothing else. Our baptism decided to take a vacation up North when he was supposed to get baptized. :| For the most part, it was a rough week.
One wonderful thing that did happen is that we were able to go to the TEMPLE!!!! They always have a first 6-weeks temple trip so, because of my boy, I got to go!!! To start off, we met the NEW mission President. PRESIDENTE SHEILDS!!! What a man!!!! Quite tall, super fun and full of energy, and super green. ;) It was quite funny, because while we were talking with him, he brought up that his son was a Spanish Missionary here in Toronto like 6-9 years ago, and then I remembered going through some old teaching records and seeing an Elder Sheilds. Haha. What a world!! Afterwards we were able to go do an Endowment Session in the House of the Lord. What a wonderful thing. After serving here for almost a year, it's really cool being able to walk into the temple and right at the entrance see friends and loved ones that you have served around and grown to love. It really makes you feel at home (as I shed some tears ;) And walking into the celestial room with the Sheilds there and many missionaries that I've also grown to love. So much goodness. And then walking into the temple store and not even hesitating before talking with the workers in Spanish. Toronto, Canada is really a Celestial place. In junction with the temple, I've been discussing lots of Deep Doctrine with other missionaries (because missionaries LOVE to talk about deep doctrine). So if you have any deep doctrine questions, come to me. :)
Other than that, last Saturday we went to a Colombian Restaurant and got to know the owner and waitresses very well. We're going to go back there Friday night (because that's when they have dancing) and baptize them all. I'M PUMPED!!!
I read a quote today that made me think about, well, a lot of things. But more specifically the home you can find wherever you are. The quote, in Psalms, basically said that if the Lord is there, you can find a home anyway. Like I said earlier in my email, I feel at home here with the missionaries and the people of Toronto. I know that this was made possible through the Lord. You can have great experiences with people, but it is a lot easier to remember the experience if the Spirit is involved. Because when it is, it is more impressed upon you hearts and your minds. So GO OUT!!! And have some great Spiritual Experiences with others. IT'S SO GOOD!!!! I Love you all and hope that we will make Spiritual Memories in the near Future. Chao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment