Sunday, July 31, 2016

Happy Belated Pioneer Day!!!!

Happy Belated Pioneer Day!!!!
Although they don't celebrate it here, one lady in church brought it up and complained that we don't really celebrate it here. Yeah Mormons. For my Pioneer Day, I memorized all FOUR verses of the Star-Spangled Banner. Yep, I said Four. They took out the third verse in the new hymn books, but we have a super old one in our apartment that has it. It's a SUPER intense verse. I don't know why we took it out...well I have some ideas. But I commit you all to read it!! Will you read the mystery verse of the Star Spangled Banner?? YES!! Good.
Yeah, in my District, we've been celebrating Jolly July, to put us in the Christmas Spirit in this scorching weather. So every meeting we have, I make some Christmas Sweets that we'd always make back home. So last Wednesday (District Meeting), I made Oreo Bon-Bons. Good stuff. This Wednesday, I'm going to make Almond Roca and our District is going to take a Jolly July Christmas Picture and go caroling to the other District (that meets in the same building). I'm PUMPED!!!!
Man!! Nurses and women just always get the best seats. I'm not even kidding, when we're tired or have a bunch of people to call, us missionaries go into the Mother Lounges at church (when no on is there of course) and sit in those chairs. SO COMFY!!!!! Don't tell my mission president. WHAT?!?! I've been out for almost a year now?? I haven't been counting at all (oh, by the way, it's a year in four days ;) Yeah, it's gone by SUPER fast. I'm pumped for the next year though. The adventures that await me.
Fun stuff with the Hedgehogs. You know what you should do is sell all of them except a male baby and a female baby, and use those two to breed. Yeah, I know, incest is not legal in Utah or approved by the church, but Adam and Eves' kids did it!!
LOGAN!!! I've bought my ticket. I'm coming home early. And I'm going to smack so much sense in you that I'll never have to tell you to go on a date again. You know, you're Summers going to suck real bad if you don't take girls on dates or even make the effort. Fact. How was your talk by the by?? What was it on?? Did you expound any deep doctrine?? Like how Jesus had to have been married while on the Earth?? Good stuff.
Micah! You know I'm all about that Pokemon Go!! You hear about those two Canadians that got arrested for crossing onto US soil because they were playing Pokemon Go?? Yeah, that was me and my companion. ;) Good work on your tennis tournament. Keep killing it!!
My week has been pretty nutz-o. Last Monday, we went to the Downtown with another set of missionaries. We ended up going to Smoke's Burritorie, because one of the other Elders hadn't had smokes yet and I wanted to try a Smoke's Burrito.  So when we got to the restaurant. I saw a glass case behind the counter with a small container full of a dark liquid and a sign saying "DEATH SAUCE CHALLENGE!!!" I accepted the challenge. The challenge was that, first, you had to sign a waiver saying you understood all the risks, health violations, that I'm not pregnant, blah blah blah; then, they put 3 DROPS of the sauce on my burrito (this sauce was made from Ghost Peppers); and if I finished it, I got my picture on Facebook and my name put in to win a gift card (pretty lame right??). So I upped the challenge and had the worker put two other hot sauces on it AND jalapeno peppers. Needless to say, I didn't finish it. BOO I know. I got about halfway through the burrito (and yes, it was HOT!!! but, not the hottest thing I've had). My true downfall was that I got the biggest type of burrito they had. If I had gotten a smaller one, I could have pounded it and finished it...maybe. What really hurt was my chest and I get enough heart burn as is!! After the Burritorie, we took the Greenies to the CN Tower (not up it) and then to the dock, where we all stood at the edge of the dock, looking into the water, daring each other to jump in. Then guess what happened. My Dear Beloved Peruvian Friend Elder Leyton PUSHED ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NUTZ-O RIGHT?!?!?! Do you know what would be even more nutz??
If it actually happened. Gothca!!! All you who fell for that, hang your head in shame. ;) I don't blame ya'. I mean look how many exclamation marks I put.
The rest of this week was less eventful. Taught some people. Went on exchanges with Elder Stephens, a newbie that just came in from Texas. He's a Stud!! His Spanish is already super good and he sang in the BYU Men's Chorus for a year before coming out. So we had some fun, and I cut his hair. I also was able to go on exchanges with Elder Flake, my old follow-up trainer. That was also a blast. He's a stellar guy, but sadly I probably won't serve with him again because he's going home in a few months.
Speaking of a few months (or weeks). We got news this last week that M. Russell Ballard is coming to the mission!! Sweet Stuff!!! I've been studying a lot of his talks lately. I've decided that my purpose in his visit is to swap ties with him. I mean, who doesn't want a tie from a Prophet?? Stupid people. I let you know how what goes. Hopefully better than the death sauce challenge. ;)
Speaking over M. Russell Ballard. I'm going to echo his talk that he gave last General Conference and commit you all to doing Family Councils. I remember a few back with my family, for special circumstances, but the most experience I've gotten from them is from doing Companionship Inventory on my mission. Every week, we talk about our plans and how we can get along better and make our companionship stronger. Then we compliment each other and give suggestions on how we can better ourselves. It really makes all the differences, especially if we speak openly and honestly. And just think about, if it makes so much a difference for two men that know they're not going to be together for very much longer, how much a difference would it make for a couple or family that know they'll be together for Eternity?? So...will you hold Family Councils?? YES!!!! Good. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment