Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Dear Family,
Hey Hey!! I got the Package!!! SUPER SWEET!! I think everything got here (Camera Cord, Cufflinks, Guitar Picks, Chocolate). Hopefully the Camera Cord fixes the camera. I'll let you know soon. The Cufflinks are SO SWEET!!! I love them. And I kept telling everyone that my family sent me 10 guitar picks and they all said "You don't need that many. Why did they send so many??" And I said "Because they love me." :} The chocolate was super good too. I'm sorry to hear about the gecko. Bringing yet another strange animal into the family. Go figure. That's super fun, Mom, that you get to work with a lot of Spanish people. I hope you never have to sand anyone's feet and then they pee on the hospital floor. No one should have to go through that. You should learn Spanish though, Mom. Then all the boys in the family won't be able to speak secretly back your back (or right in front of you). It's not that hard, you could get it down.
Oh Boy!! Oh Boy!! Daddy's got a new Toy!! Put that Candy Crush away and pick up a different kind of electronic. That's fun. Are the new neighbors LDS?? If not, go do some work and get them baptized!! That's what it's all about. I'm glad Exodus was fun Logan. Super funny about the allusion to 3 Nephi 10 and Isaiah. I was reading Isaiah today and it said that those that have the Gift of Prophesy can understand his words very well. I don't have too much a problem understanding Isaiah. I guess that confirms that I have the gift of prophesy. Who asked you on a date?? How'd they do it?? Since you utterly rejected her you need to make it up and take HER on a date. ;) NOW!!!!!
I hope tennis has been fun Micah. Have fun at Lake Corda Lane. I don't know how to spell it either.
This week has been pretty Jolly. As in Jolly July!! One thing that we've started this month in our District is doing lots of Christmas things to celebrate Jolly July. It's been great. Last Tuesday we had "Skills and Interviews" which is when the whole Zone comes together to be instructed and have interviews with the mission president. I decided to make my District some Christmas Treats of Coconut Bon-bons (just like my momma made them). But then it ended up me making a ton for the whole Zone and the Leaders. Go figure. Everyone really liked them except for the people that previously didn't like Coconut. We've also made some secret Santa cookie drop-offs on missionaries cars and what not. I don't think they expected us because, c'mon, Secret Santa could be Anybody. ;) Interviews with President Shields was a lot of fun. He's a super fun guy and we talked about how he was in the same Ward as Richard Elliot, the organist for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and how he would listen to him play all the time. Incredible!!
Last Friday, my companion and I went down to Lakeshore (the area/street by the shore of the lake ;) and found like the ONLY gelato place in all of Missisauga. I Love Gelato!! I proudly have a sad confession to make. I've eaten Ice Cream and/or Gelato everyday this last week. I may not be proud of it, but I proudly own it. I decided I have 6 more months of eating whatever I want (because you don't need to look attractive in anyway as a missionary) then the next 6 months will be burnin' it all off. Da' Cleanse!!
Other than that, this week we have been working with lots of people. Finding new people to teach. We have SO many people ready to be baptized as soon as possible, they just need to understand that, or get over their little problems. AH!! As long as they get baptized and receive salvation in the long run, I'm happy.
This week I have been focusing a lot on having charity for others. Like everyone does, I find it very easy to have charity and love for lots of people, but there are always those few people that you Really struggle finding love for. I read a talk, given to me by a missionary, that talked about how when we start focusing on the negative things about people (which is very easy to do), we need to stop ourselves and list of the positive things that we see in these people. It's something surprisingly easy to do. It just takes the will to do it. Dale G. Renlund gave a great talk about seeing "Through God's Eyes." Once we start seeing people like God sees them, we will truly have love and charity for them. I love you all and have charity for you all. ;) I hope you have a wonderful week. Chao!!


Elder Flint
Canada Toronto Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment