Thursday, April 7, 2016

Oh Blanco Navidad, Sueño,
That's Spanish for "I'm Dreaming of A White Christmas." And a white Christmas it is. Ontario received a huge snow storm yesterday/today, and we got about a foot or more of snow. So it's winter again. Maybe I'll get snow on my Birthday. That would be Fantastic!! Speaking of Birthday, the only other things I could think of is maybe getting the Piano Music for "Glorious" sent again because I have misplaced it, and I think in my Big Gray Box there is a Pan Pipe. I wouldn't mind having that sent because it's a big thing down here for Ecuadorians and that would be cool to learn. Oh, and Guitar Picks, because I lost mine and I'm too lazy to buy a new one :) Good luck with your talk Mom. Just think of giving that lesson, but in another Language!! Haha. Just talk about really deep Doctrine, like Progression within The Kingdoms of Glory or something, or how Moroni dedicated the grounds of the Manti Temple, or how Ancient Egyptians have ceremonies similar to our Endowments. I could talk about those things for hours. LOGAN!!! GO ON A DATE!!! Did you not listen to the half of the conference talks that were about Eternal Families?? Start preparing for one now!!! GO ON DATES!!! Have a fun Spring Break kiddos. How was Escalante?? Haha. My first reaction to the video was "Aww. I want to be there when I become and uncle." Then I was like "Okay, good. They'll just have to wait 7 months to actually make that announcement. Then I'll be there when they have the baby." Funny Stuff.
On our April Fools Day, we had Jose Manuel and Esefany's Wedding!!!! We were a little worried it was on April 1st, and very worried when Jose Manuel showed up 15 minutes late to it. But it all happened. It's been a crazy week because we helped them move a few days before the wedding and we set up all the decorations the night before. For the wedding, I played the "Wedding March" on the Organ, in the Chapel, and it was Super Sweet. It was really cool because most of the people there were not members (and Hispanic) and we had the ceremony done in English and Spanish. Later we had their reception in the Gym, where there was dinner, dancing (I danced a little) (just not with girls :( but we had curfew, so we left before they cut the cake. They saved some for us though, so no worries there.
After the wedding, Elder Cox and I went home and celebrated with Milkshakes then I went into the bathroom to clean up before bed. I twisted the hot faucet just a little to hard, on the sink, and POP!!!!! It came right off...and ANOTHER geyser of boiling water came right out. It was THE FREEZING URINAL SHOWER ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! I yelled for Elder Cox to get the superintendent and I tried unsuccessfully to keep the gushing water in the sink, because this time, our bathroom's drain was the room underneath us (which we did get a complain about). Eventually they shut the water off and they're having a plumber come by a fix it tomorrow. I think there's a subconscious feeling inside of me that really wants to go swimming, so instead of breaking the rules, I break things that shoot out water.
On a happier note, this weekend Jose's going to get baptized, then the Tuesday after that, Elder Cox goes home and we'll see what happens to me (I think I'm getting transferred, but some people think I'm going to stay here and train).
Conference was ABSOLUTELY incredible!!! A few weeks ago, I decided to memorize the Family Proclamation and the Living Christ (I was inspired by the girl you told me about, Mom) and I'm pretty sure the purpose of this General Conference was to quote the WHOLE Family Proclamation, but separated into different talks. I think they succeeded. 2/3rds of the Conference Talks were on either Family or Temples. I Loved all the talks on Temples (Probably Elder Cooks the most) and also Elder Snow's talk where he talked about the hymn "How Firm a Foundation." Also, I prepared myself to be a father and a husband in a few good years. It's so good to here and see all the General Authorities during Conference, and oh look. Who is that?? Our Mission President is at Conference?? Oh?? He's being called as a General Authority of the Seventy?? Interesting. And THEN all the missionaries freak out. So yeah. That happened. What's happening is that he'll be Mission President until July 1, and then he'll go on to bigger and better things (just kidding ;) and President Shields will be coming in. So much for all that sucking up I did to President Clayton, I'll have to start it all over again. ;)
Obviously, we can see through our church leaders that the family is one of the most important things in this Gospel. The world is hitting the family on all sides and a strong nuclear family is something hard to come by these days. The words of the prophets are not to be taken lightly. THEY ARE DOCTRINE. These are the words that God would say to us if he were on this Earth. Elder Ballard isn't suggesting to us that we should have Family Councils many times a week; God is TELLING us that Family Councils are one of the best ways to protect our family in these days of tribulations. You don't find much an appreciation for General Conference until you realize that it is DOCTRINE for our days (Equivalent to the Bible, the Book of Mormon, and all the rest of the Standard Works). I didn't realize that until a little while ago. And now I LOVE it. And I hope you all LOVE it too. I love you all and hope life is treating you all well. Ciao!!


No comments:

Post a Comment