Tuesday, April 26, 2016

I'm Very Tired.
Don't know why. Just one of those days.
It has been good as a District Leader. Lot's of getting and giving people permission for stuff, telling people not to do certain things, trying to be an example to others, and trying to serve other missionaries in any way possible. That last one is my favorite part. I haven't met the family that lives above us. Supposedly the landlady's a really inactive member, but really nice. All I really know of her is that she speaks Chinese all the time, probably because she's from China. :)
I got nothing more for the birthday box. I'll let you all know the details on Skyping next week. Super excited.
The Ice Skating sounds Super Fun. You should feel blessed, Sophie, Mom's never spent that much money on any of your brothers.  ;)
That's good to hear about your interview, Mom. I second Logan's answer of passionate and Savannah's of "Love Mom." Wait, what?? :) I'd probably also say loving and hmmm...supportive. Yeah, that's a good one.
And Mom, if you get that VW bug (which I'm strongly opposed to) you have to let dad get a Black, Two-Striped '79 Mustang. Trato hecho? (Spanish) You're welcome dad.
This week has been one FULL of Miracles. Last Tuesday, we met with one of our Investigators (who has been investigating the church for over a year) and he told us that he received an answer, in a dream (of course, "Spanish people and their dreams" ;) that he needs to be baptized. It was Incredible!!! His name is Leonardo (Leo) and he's from Uruguay. He has Cerebral Palsy, so he's confined to a wheelchair (think of Stephen Hawking, but this man can talk...a lot :) He told us Friday that he's still unsure and wants to wait more, but we're not letting him weasel out of this one. We brought a member and a good friend of his with us, and when he told us he wants to wait, the member basically talked him into waiting until Sunday to make his decision to be baptized in a week. So last Sunday, he finally came back to church (after a few months) and he LOVED IT!! Members basically lined up to come teaching with us, and let me tell you, there's NO way they're letting him not get baptized this Sunday. So I'll send you more pics next Monday. ;)
Funny Story. There's another investigator we're working with. Her name is Angela, English speaking, has an ADORABLE 4-year old daughter named Mirabelle (she calls us "Uncle Flint" and "Uncle Johnson"), and also has some physical disabilities from a car accident she got in a few years ago. She's set on getting baptized in May, so we're super excited for her. Her and her daughter have come once to church, and it was really special because they got to see a baby blessing. BUT, we were over teaching her the other day and she was really hurting from her disabilities so we offered to give her a blessing after the lesson. After we ended, we told Mirabelle "Hey Mirabelle, we're going to give your Mommy a blessing right now, okay?" And then Mirabelle got really scared and started saying "No, I don't want you to give her a blessing. If you give her a blessing she'll grow up like that baby. I don't want my Mom to get bigger. Please don't give my mommy a blessing." Then we we're all trying to explain what a blessing really was, but then she started bawling, saying. "Please don't do this. Don't give my mommy a blessing. Why are you doing this??" Her Mom had to send her into the other room, crying, so we could give her the blessing. In the middle of the blessing, I hear Mirabelle run into the room. I kind of peek, and I watch her as she first sees us giving the blessing, then this look of UTTER BETRAYAL comes upon her face and she starts Bawling. I've never felt so bad to give someone a Priesthood Blessing. On the other hand. Angela felt better the next day. We've haven't seen Mirabelle since, but hopefully we'll have a Family Home Evening with them and another family tonight. Hopefully we're still friends.
Other than that, this week has been good. One thing I've found really hard is being a good example to all of the other missionaries. Especially when they're not looking. One thing President told me is the best thing I can do as a District Leader is be a model missionary with a model area. Something I've been working hard on this week, and I'll continue to work hard on is being Exactly Obedient. We're promised many times in the scriptures that if we are Obedient to God's law and if we're following his Commandments, we need not fear what troubles lay ahead of us; because everything will be alright. I've been trying hard to follow God's Commandments and be an obedient missionary, and it's hard sometimes, but the blessings are numerous. I love you all and hope that life is treating you well. Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment