Monday, April 11, 2016

My Dearest Family and Friends,

This past week has been quite a pleasant one. Indeed, it has had an abundance of exquisite happenings and memories. One of my most delightful memories is JOSE MANUEL GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!! YEEEAAAAHHHH BUDDY!!!! Oh, but the week gets better. Read on.
So yeah, it snowed here. It's been snowing about every other day. LOVE IT! Yes, tell them to wait. And no, I will not be a plumber. I just don't have a good enough Plumber's...Talent. Yeah, that one. ;) Oh, also, if it's not too late. We found "Glorious," so you don't need to send that. And if you're sending any flags, it would be cool to get some that reminds me of the people I work with and of home ex. Spain, South Korea, Colombia, Mexico, Brazil etc. Logan! That's Sick! The Organ is honestly one of my favorite instruments. Just get the feet down. It's weird because I know two people here that have hurt their ankles too; and my ankles starting hurting a lot yesterday. Maybe we have some weird Brotherly connection. Strange?!?! But last Sunday, my ankles hurt a ton and I was playing terribly on the Organ Pedals, but I honestly had no care so I just kept messing up. Funny Stuff. But, if you want to get really good on the Organ. Memorize the sounds of all the pipes. Then experiment with them. I'm trying to do that here. We can have a Organ-Off when I get back. Ha ha. I told your joke already and I got others to laugh. Depending on the P-day, usually we wash our clothes, shop, email, then either play sports, music, go to a Hindu Temple, go downtown, or do something Super awesome. Like last P-Day.
Last Monday, Elder Cox and I decided to sally our way up the CN TOWER. It was STUPENDOUS! Totally worth it. It's really cool to look over the Promised Land and see where you have served and the places you've gone too. It makes you feel really big. So now I can cross off three of the tallest buildings in the world: The CN Tower, The Space Needle, and The Sears Tower. Pictures will follow.
On Friday, we started the day off with a lovely trip to the temple. We watched the oldest Temple Video that morning. SCORE!! Check that one off the list. The acting IS very different. But I still loved it all. Later that day, we baptized JOSE!!! The service went really well. I gave a talk on Baptism and Jose and I played guitars while I sang "Hallelujah" in Spanish. After the baptism. our Ward Mission Leader whisked us away to Jay's House (our last Baptism) where we learned that his dad wants to get baptized THIS SATURDAY!!! It was an incredible miracle because we've been working with the dad a lot and he knows the church is true, he was just REALLY reluctant to commit to a baptismal date. Then it happened. Miracles.
On Saturday, I was asked to perform a musical number for Zone Council. I had been preparing a Big Musical Number where I quoted the whole "The Living Christ" by memorization, while accompanying myself with background music, then I sang and played the song "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" (not the hymn version). For Zone Council, I cut it down and quoted half of "The Living Christ" and performed the song. I started crying right off the bat, the Spirit was SUPER strong. Supposedly I did really well. A video will follow. Later that night, we had a Musical Easter Activity. I accompanied a missionary choir, our Relief Society Choir, and at the Last Second, someone showed me some music and ask me if I could accompany them. So I did. It was easy. ;) Also, I performed my "The Living Christ" musical number. It went alright. My hymnbook closed at one point and I had to improvise a little and the microphone kept slowly dropping down. But I did it. And then something strange happened...I went down and sat in my seat and I looked around and saw everyone standing up. I was SO confused. I was thinking "Is it time for an intermission or something??" Then it occurred to me that everyone was giving me a Silent Standing Ovation, in the chapel. It was super cool. According to everyone, I did phenomenally. Pretty cool I guess. ;)
SO. Now the time you've all been waiting for. We got Transfer Calls last night. We were thinking that I was going to leave as well as Elder Cox, but the whole ward kept saying that I wasn't. So we got the call...and...I AM LEAVING!!! I'm going to a city called Mississauga with Elder Johnson!!! My first companion in the mission field!! And And And. GUESS WHAT?? I am going to be a District Leader!!! I'm SUPER Excited!!! It's a car area (I'm not driving!!) and it's a Zebra Area (meaning we work with Spanish and English people), but you better believe I'm going to baptize all the Spanish People there. I'm just jealous for the new Elders coming into our area. Baptism this Saturday. LUCKY!!! But I'M PUMPED OUT OF MY MIND!!! And And And. I'm going to be in the same Zone as ABIGAIL!!! So we'll see each other a lot more. But today, I'm finishing my work in Black Creek by going to an Italian Restaurant with Estefany and Jose and we're having the Baptismal Interview for Franklin.
So one thing really cool I learned this week, that I wish to share, is about the Light of Christ. Now, we know that the Light of Christ is "knowledge," or the knowledge between good and evil. We read in Moroni 7:16 that the "Spirit (or Light) of Christ is given to every men." I had the question that, in this dark world, can the Light of Christ be diminished and ultimately put out in someone's life. We live in a world where children are being raised in broken, battered, and distorted families. And a question I had was can a child be raised thinking that wrong things are right?? I took this question to the University of God "the Temple." During the session, my thoughts were brought to the Creation of the Earth. Christ created the Sun to give us light by day, and the Stars to give us light by night. There is NEVER a time where the world is not receiving light. EXCEPT. When Jesus Christ was crucified. The world was covered with darkness for 3 days. I made this comparison to the Light of Christ in our lives. No matter what we're taught, shown, forced, into our minds. We will ALWAYS have the Light of Christ in us. Unless Christ dies. And Christ will NEVER AGAIN die. He's resurrected, perfect, and Almighty. Remember that. ;) I love you all and hope your lives are going wonderfully.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment