Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Being a District Leader is pretty fun


UGH. MOM! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LACTATION STUFF!!
Haha. Gross. But that's SUPER sweet that you're graduating NEXT WEEK!!! Party Time. No, I have not been a trainer yet, but I would love that. Being a District Leader is pretty fun. Lots of paperwork, calls, responsibility. The works. Man, I have to be more careful what I say in my emails, now that you're reading them aloud to everyone.
HOT DANG LOGAN!! Too hot. Are they good cookies?? One thing I learned in my many years of cookie receiving is that the quality of the girl depends on the quality of the cookie. ;) Don't tell Mom I said that. But yeah, when a girl gives you cookies, she's basically confessing her love to you. TRUST ME!
Well this week has been very different. Everything's super different now. I'm in a car area, we live in someone's basement, we're working with English speaking people, I'm a District Leader. The Mississauga area is super sweet. It's a TON cleaner than the city and there's a bunch of sweet places and restaurants here we can go to. The ward is an English Ward, which is super weird for me. I've basically already met all the Spanish people in the ward and everyone had already known that I can sing and play the piano. Word of me had spread even before I was assigned to go there. Typical.
So this last Monday, we said goodbye to Jose Manuel and the crew. They took us to an Italian Restaurant, then afterwards we went and had Franklin's Baptismal Interview. Tuesday was transfers, so we said goodbye to all the departing missionaries, including Elder Cox, and went to our new areas. Last Friday, we had a big Zone Meeting where I saw Abigail again (for now we are in the same Zone) and we had our last interviews with President Clayton. I won't tell you all the details of mine, but I'll say there's not a lot of people who can say they've received a personal blessing from a General Authority. :) Actually, now that I think of it, there probably are. :| Nevertheless, it was really cool.
Saturday night, we got permission to go to Franklin's baptism, which was SO GOOD. It was really funny because I had only been gone from the area for 4 days, and when I walked into the room, a bunch of members attacked me saying "We Missed You So Much!!" I was like, "I've only been gone for like 4 days, and none of those days were a Sunday." But it was good to be able to say goodbye to all of them. The baptism went great!! Of course, I was automatically assigned to be the pianist and accompany the musical number, even though I wasn't even meant to be there. But it was super cool to see Jay (who we baptized) baptize his father. Unforgettable Memories.
This week, I have been pondering a lot the scripture Alma 26:11-12. It's a very personal scripture to me (for more than one reason ;) It's very humbling, but at the same time comforting. Many of us are given incredible talents and skills in life, but we must remember that all these things are given to us by God. He is our true source of power and talent,and through him, all things are possible. There were many talks last conference that expounded on that very well. I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week!! Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment