Wednesday, December 16, 2015

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!
EXCEPT IN CAAAANNNNAAADDDAAAA!!
THERE MAY BE TREES IN SOME HOTELS!!!
BUT NO O O  SNOW HAS FELL!!!
AND IT'S BEEN RAINING ALL DAY AND IT KIND OF STINKS!!!
But I have hope. And yes. Abigail FINALLY emailed me and told me she's here. I also wished that she had waited until I saw her, because I honestly don't know how I'd react. I'd probably collapse and go into a coma. Man! I wish I could recite from memory The Living Christ, and I'm older than seven!! I hope you all performed well at the Stake Devotional.
Yeah, this week has been CRAZY musically filled for me. Last Thursday, we had our Zone Conference and every Zone (I believe there was four) had to perform two separate pieces. And of course, I played the piano for ours. And on top of that, I played the piano for the prelude and I think for like five congregational hymns. And at one point, everyone moved into the Gymnasium and they assigned parts for the 12 Days of Christmas. I got assigned...wait for...the PIANO PART!!! Of course. It was SO fun. I rocked out on that little piano while everyone sang the song. And then, after that, we went back into the chapel and sang "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day." They asked me and one other Elder to play a little duet accompaniment for it and honestly, by the 5th verse, we were flying on that piano. I was playing the top half of the keyboard and he was playing the bottom half (that's the best way I can describe it). IT WAS SO MAGICAL!!!!! I haven't played like that in YEARS!!!! Christmas Spirit is real. Amen. And yes Mom, I did receive the Christmas package there. I'm waiting to open it when I Skype you all. Later that day, we were supposed to do our "gig" with the member family I was talking about, but we showed up late, and then they showed up later than us, and then the lady running the "gig" scheduled us way earlier, so we missed it. :( But we did perform a piece we were working on last Sunday in Sacrament and we're going to be performing a lot more at Sacraments, Christmas Dinners, Caroling, etc. Also, last week, I played at some random persons Wedding. Her Uncle was a member and they wanted to do the wedding at our church building, so I filled in. I completely winged the Wedding March. And it Worked!!! And later THAT day, I played at the Relief Society Christmas Party. And then last night, I was asked to play the Organ at a funeral!! But that one's out of my area, so I might not be doing that one. Oh yeah! and tonight I'm playing at the Senior Missionary Party! Holy Smokes!!! Sorry Logan, I had to one up you. Heh, more like 100 up you. But you'll find that once the word's out, there's no bringing it back in. ;)
On top of that, this week has been a wonderful one. Today, we went to Costco and I GOT MY COSTCO CARD. Best Christmas Gift Ever. We went ham on shopping today. Don't worry, we spent less than 200 dollars. But only a little less. :} And than later today, my zone went and got all you can eat sushi. Supposedly someone ordered a LOT more than they could handle. So we were pounding that fish, so hard that I puked. Yep. I puked at sushi restaurant today. I felt it coming so I grabbed a pitcher and turned away from all the Sister Missionaries. It was quick and clean, and then I ran to the bathroom and washed the pitcher out, then I went back and ate more. :) Quick question, have you guys watched the Christmas videos on christmas.mormon.org. So number 10 I believe is Maddy Wilson. Guess what?? I'm friends with that girl. She went to Salem Hills.  It was crazy when I saw her on there. Other than that, this week was full of work and no snow. But I have faith that it'll get better.
Like I was saying before. When people find out about your talents, you can't hide them, and you shouldn't. Every time I play for somebody they're always like "Oh thank you so much" and I'm like "Eh, no big deal." And sometimes, it doesn't seem like a big deal, but we don't realize how many lives we're blessing when we share our talents. We have the opportunity to change lives just by doing something that seems really easy to us. So SHARE YOUR TALENTS. Don't hide them. We all know the story about the man who hid his talent, and I'm pretty sure he didn't change anyone's life by doing that, except his own, for the worse. So don't be scared to tell people that you can sing, or do a back flip, or draw, or play an instrument. Because you don't know how many lives you can change through your talents. I love you all and hope that you're enjoying the weather more than I am. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment