Tuesday, December 29, 2015

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES YES!!!!!

As you might have guessed. It finally snowed here. YES! Last night it snowed probably half a foot. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!! NOW... It's Christmas. Christmas was great though. I very much enjoyed talking with you all. 40 minutes is really nothing. But I LOVE all the presents. I've already sight read all the music perfectly ;) and you can see in my pictures that I've already decorated my wall with the flags, I set up my Spice Rack, and with the Tim Horton's card from the Allred Family, I bought myself a Tim Hortons plastic mug, original mug, a can of Hot Chocolate, and a bag of Coffee (which I chucked, it all came in a package). On top of that, I received many Hispanic scarves (Ecuador y Bolivia) and lots of chocolate!!! Also, after our Skype call, we had dinner with two other families, and to our surprise, both the fathers in the families were celebrating their Birthdays. It was very coincidental, but very fun. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! I'm sorry you guys have to miss my cooking for New Years, but for this New Years Eve we're celebrating with Fudge, Sweet Potato Souffle, Cashew Chicken, and more. Sadly we have to be in our apartments at 6 because people get extra crazy for New Years here. And Toronto extra crazy is BAD.
The Christmas Newsletter is Fantastic. I did not know that Skyler picked his major, and good luck Logan, I'm gettin' lots o' practice here. Including with the Organ (so feet playing, BRING IT). And when did I call myself a "triple threat?" :} School sounds intense, Mom, Bueno Suerte (Good Luck).
So this week was pretty unsuccessful because supposedly no one wants to meet with the missionaries around Christmas time, or come to church after Christmas. :( So not a lot happened. We're still working hard though (ex. Tracting in -15 degree wind :) and we're still hoping for the baptism this January 6th. FINGERS CROSSED!!
One thing that happened last night that really made me think was my experience with the snow. I looked out the window and I saw the snow and I thought "Am I really excited about the snow or have I just talking myself up this whole time saying that snow's great??"  But when we stepped outside, "Oh what rapture filled my bosom." ;) I really realized that we all have little personal things in life that really bring us such Great Joy. For some people it's snow, for others it's cookies and milk, or the sound of bells. Whatever it is, we tend to take such little things for granted. My challenge to all of you is not only to recognize those things in life, but to take time to cherish in them and really enjoy them. God has given us these tender mercies in life to make our sometimes stressful, busy lives a little bit easier. We just need to take time for these things. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and found things that Truly brought joy into your life. I love you all and MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment