Tuesday, December 22, 2015

FELIZ NAVIDAD A TODOS!!!!

Um, no. We probably aren't going to have snow for Christmas. :( Super sad, but I'll get over it. I'M SO PUMPED TO TALK WITH YOU ALL!!!!!!!! So put it in your calendars 2 o'clock is when we're going to do it. I repeat 2:00 A.M. No, just kidding. Even though I know Logan will be up at that time. 2:00 P.M. is when I will be able to Skype with you all. And I'm bringing all my presents to open with you all. And let me tell you, I've gotten more than I expected. A bunch of members from my ward, and the English Ward gave us presents (because we helped with the Pageant). Also, Kimmy (member friend), the Allreds, Parkers, President Clayton, etc. have given me letters/presents. They're all under our mini tree. I get to go caroling this Wednesday with our Zone. They went caroling last Saturday, but we weren't able to go because we had our Ward Christmas Dinner. :( But, we're going again. I'm super excited. Thank you for all the recipes, we're definitely going to enjoy those this week.
I'm so glad you want peace on Earth Sophie, and beanie boos. I can tell you that you'll probably get one of those. ;) I love you too Sophie.  And thanks a lot Micah. You know, I’d actually be jealous of you seeing Star Wars…if I really cared!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha jokes on you. I'm baptizing people!! almost. Dang it Skyler. Now, I'm all pumped to open my package. We'll see.
This week has been a very different one. Lots of Christmas Partying. Last Monday, we went to the Senior Companion Christmas Party because I was asked to play, which was super fun. And then last Friday, we helped with a Nativity Pageant last Friday, and we had our Ward Dinner last Saturday. The Nativity Pageant was a crazy good experience. We were originally going to be Centurions for it (or the soldiers that came and collected the taxes from the people), but then we were asked the night before (during rehearsal) if we could be the Spotlight guys. So we got up on an unstable tower, with the freezing wind blowing, and then we held these metal lights with our bare hands. IT WAS FREEZING!! I was legitimately afraid of getting frostbite. It was awesome!! The next night, we did the actual Pageant and it was SO GOOD!! I got a head set and a walkie talkie and for the first time in my life, I was a techie, not an actor. It was a strange feeling. Before the performance, it snowed for like ten minutes then stopped and melted. But it was good while it lasted. :) We performed the Pageant twice and we had real sheep, a donkey, a llama, costumes, free cookies and hot chocolate afterwards. It was fantastic!!! Also, the next night,during our ward dinner, we sang Noche de Luz (Silent Night) and Feliz Navidad with the Villavicencio Family (Member Family) and a few other youth. It was super fun. Other than that, this week we've found many new people to teach and are helping many others progress in the Gospel. Lots of Success!!
Of course, since Christmas is this Friday, I'm going to talk a little about the lost book of Lehi and how it applies to our lives. JUST KIDDING!!!! One thing that I've found throughout my life, is that as hard as you try, you find little happiness celebrating alone. You find true joy by celebrating with the people around you. Many missionaries have problems with home sickness, and yes, it is very hard to leave your family for two years; but, I personally have found a second family on my mission. And that family is with the members of the ward I'm serving in. We've had three familys invite us over for Christmas this Friday. And I've already shared so many incredible Christmas experiences with the people in this ward. Through this, I've learned that no matter where you are, if you reach out to those around you, and make your own memories with them, you will find happiness. So this Christmas, don't focus on those that you'll be missing, focus on those that you have with you RIGHT NOW. LIVE and MAKE MEMORIES WITH THEM. Life is too good to focus on the things you can't have. So start focusing on the things you DO have. I love you all and I miss you, but I shouldn't focus on that. ;) I wish you all A MERRY CHRISTMAS y UN FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment