Monday, November 23, 2015

Let it Snow!!! Let it Snow!!! Let it Snow!!!!

Wow!!! That snowstorm hit us HARD!!! We honestly probably got like three to four feet of snow...JUST KIDDING!!! I don't know who told you that we had a snowstorm. So far, the most snow we've gotten was a little flurry yesterday. It was like dust. It stunk. It has definitely started to get cold here though. The worst part is the wind. When there's wind, it makes the temperature drop like 20 degrees. I LOVE IT!!! I always used to say that I love the cold, but coming up here, I Really Do. It's funny because my trainer, Elder Flake, also loves the cold. And then there’s Elder Bahr, who is literally allergic to the cold. He gets hives whenever we go outside. Looks like someone forgot to fill out the Allergies Section in the Mission Papers. We tease that he’s going to get sent to Timmins during the Winter. Timmins is the most Northern City in the mission and they're super outcasted. They have to Skype in for Zone Meetings, they're like 5 hours away from every else, and sometimes, the mission president calls them and tells them that they can't leave their apartment for the day because it's too cold. I WANT TO GO THERE!!!!!! It sounds like a party. I would have to get called to do some English work though, which does happen in this mission.
I can't think of anything else for you to send, except Chocolate. Sophie's iPod, eh? I would either hold down the power button and see what it does, plug it into the computer and fiddle with it, or plug it in to the computer THEN hold down the power button. That’s all I can think of.
Yeah, Thanksgiving and Christmas Breaks for Everybody. except me :( Kidding, I feel like a pile of trash when I’m not out doing something. Family dinners sound fun. You should invite the missionaries sometime. Missionaries are cool. B) I have not gotten the Costco card yet. We're planning on going soon though. Actually, for this Thanksgiving, we've been invited to an Ecuadorians house to celebrate American Pride. Yeah!! And for Canadian Thanksgiving we celebrated with Peruvians. Woot!
This week, for me has been a huge roller coaster of ups and downs. To start it off, we had a Mission Tour, which is when a General Authority tours our mission. Elder Perkins came and we had a big meeting with him. It was Super Good!! I played about 45 minutes of Prelude, an opening song, three congregational hymns, and a closing song. So I don't want to hear any complaining, Logan! Elder Perkins is a really good guy though, everyone was expecting us to get iPads when he came, but that didn't happen. Which is good, because I hate technology. Also, this week, we were going to visit one of our investigators and returning member, when we stumbled upon his Sister's Baby Shower. And being Hispanic, and having tons of food. They invited us in. It was super fun. Yeah, Baby Showers!! Also, yesterday, we were able to attend the rededication of the Montreal Quebec Temple. I Love Temples. It was super good, a bunch of it was in French and the English translators weren't that great, so it was also mildly entertaining. Elder Perkins spoke at that and did the Hosana Shout at our Session. So a lot of fun things happened this week. And then there was last night.
So last night, we talked with our investigator and his family about his baptism this Friday, and he said that it feels pushed and that he doesn't feel ready for it, so he wants to move it to early January...I about FLIPPED!!! We know that he's ready to be baptized and he's more solid than a lot of members I know. And this isn't the first time he (and mostly his mom) has postponed his Baptism. It made me super upset, and all for his sake. The first thing that came to my mind while we were talking was Alma 34:35, which reads, "For behold, if ye have procrastinated the day of your repentance even until death, behold, ye have become subjected to the spirit of the devil, and he doth seal you his; therefore, the Spirit of the Lord hath withdrawn from you, and hath no place in you, and the devil hath all power over you; and this is the final state of the wicked." Scary thought, eh?? I've been working on being bold this week, so this is what I have to say. STOP BEING LAZY!!!! If you want to get baptized, GET BAPTIZED! If you feel like you need to repent, REPENT! If you want to share the Gospel, SHARE IT! Stop waiting around hoping that something miraculous will happen. Because something will happen, The Second Coming!!! And if you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar when Christ comes, Buckle Up. The natural man is very lazy. So we need to "put off the natural man" and DO SOMETHING!!!! Don't be a slacker, be an attacker. #shirtquotes :) Love you all and I hope that you've all got something to DO during the breaks. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment