Monday, November 16, 2015

Good Morning to all. And to all a Good Morning,

Today, is a day. This last week, was a week. I'm kind of tired right now. We slept over at our Zone Leaders house last night, so we got a little bit of sleep, it was a party. Your talk sounds wonderful Mom. Powerful testimony. I'm not sure if Logan was talking about the Doubt your Doubts talk by Uctdorf, but this last Conference, his opening talk relates to yours a lot also. Food for thought. I'm glad Charlie's play was good. And I'm glad the only dirty old man you'll work with any more, Mom, is Dad. :) Heehee. To answer your question Logan: No, it hasn't snowed here, but it's gotten deathly cold. The winds here are really strong and supposedly last year, the wind caused it to drop down to negative 40 Celsius. Pretty crazy stuff, I guess it's time for Timmy's (Tim Hortons). And I'm super excited for Christmas. I definitely can't get a better deal on flags up here. Everything in Canada is super expensive. But I would not mind some flags for Christmas (I'm pretty open to whichever, just have Logan pick some, he knows flags [psst, Logan, pick the one with the Machine Gun on it. Yeah, Mozambique!!]) Other than what I've said, I can't think of much else I'd want for Christmas (maybe some Tim Hortons or Smokes Gift Card, but you can't get those for me, you're in the US.) Speaking of different countries, did you hear about the attacks in Paris?? Crazy stuff. I can't wait for the second coming when all the evil, lazy, and prideful people burn. Sorry, that's a little dark. :}
This week for me was pretty sweet and super successful. We've been teaching a ton of people and we have the baptism for Jay in about 11 days. So I'm super excited for that. Oh, last Monday was super fun. So we went to Downtown again and we ate at Smokes Burritorie again. SO GOOD!! I have a problem. A POUTINE PROBLEM. But after that, we went to basically the Toronto Times Square. It was SO COOL!!! But guess who forgot to bring his camera. ME. Nuts. But I'll go back and get some pictures later on. After that we went to Toronto China Town, which was pretty cool. It was an awesome day, super exhausting. Afterwards, we went over to a part members house and taught an interactive Plan of Salvation. I was in charge of it. It was super fun. So the family has five kids, so we each gave them a tie representing the different stages of the Plan and then we had that person with the tie explain there part. It was great. Elder Bahr was Satan, I mean he played Satan. The rest of this week was pretty great too. I tried Mate for the first time, I'm sure Dad can tell you what that is. Or Charlie. Yeah, Mate!!
Another huge miracle we saw last week was when we were knocking doors. We were at an apartment building, tracting, and we met this woman who has been a member basically her whole life but has gone super inactive. We scheduled a return appointment with her, which was last Friday, and crazy miracles happened. So she had had an incredible experience with Elders in the past and she was super open to us. She had gone inactive because of some members from her old ward, but she (without us asking) told us that she was going to start coming back to church, and that she was going to bring her three kids with her (two boys, 11 and 16, and one daughter, 20). We also were able to give her a Book of Mormon, which she was very excited about meeting. It was Perfect!!! It was the PERFECT example of how God puts people in our paths and prepares them for us to teach them. Honestly, all this woman needed was two (or three) Mormon Missionaries to knock on her door, and she would come back to church. And that's what happened!!! My testimony has grown strongly this week that God really does prepare people for us. Everywhere we go and everyone we meet could have been prepared by God to have the Gospel brought to them. You never know, unless you OYM. Open Your Mouth. The Gospel is incredible, and we need to share it. I love you and hope that life is filled with love and happiness and chocolate. Ciao, and Happy American Thanksgiving. Gobble gobble!!

No comments:

Post a Comment