Wednesday, March 8, 2017

LIFE IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AH!!!!!
This week has been probably one of the longest on my mission. And the shortest. It was nuts. Needless to say, there hasn't been a baptism yet, but it will come...hopefully.
Thank you much, Mother, for the emails. I've honestly gotten really really really bad about journaling on my mission, so I'm really banking on that Blog. :) I'm pretty open, honest, and detailed in my emails; so I'm not too worried about it. That's sweet though. 2:00 PM in Corvallis. I never knew. Now I do. I would LOVE to see the Broadway Concert. So if you would order a DVD, that'd be great. I am pretty pumped for College too. I have too many options on rooming though. I have that scholarship half-payed rooming that I got, two of my best friends in the mission who (one) wants to buy a house and us three can live in it together and help pay rent (they're both going to BYU), and now Ashton and Skyler, and I'm sure Joey's going to want to do something also. I'm just going to buy a huge house, and we can all live in it together!! Good plan!! haha, I should start figuring things out now because the clock is ticking...
 
This last Monday was SO fun. Our Zone Leaders brought the grill they have at their house, to the church, and everyone brought lots of food and meat, and I grilled it all on a charcoal powered grill. It was so good. I smelt awfully great afterwards, and the food was delicious. First real grilling experience...Success.
 
The fair majority of the week was us trying to get a sister ready for her baptism. Monday we went over the Baptismal Interview Questions with her, and Tuesday, she got her Baptismal Interview. Wednesday we met with her again to plan the details for the baptism. 'Twas also Wednesday that a problem arose about her baptism. There's a specific baptismal rule that she wasn't necessarily able to keep, so we had to get permission from the General Authority Area Seventy, to have that rule overlooked. There was a lot of drama about it all and needless to say, the rule still hasn't been overlooked. Our Mission President will be meeting with her this Tuesday and they should be getting everything straightened out. Sadly, all the drama and confusion made her very unimpressed with Church Leadership and until yesterday, she has decided she didn't want to get baptized at all. It was devastating. BUT! Thanks to many prayers and fasting and wonderful church leaders and time, she gathered her wits together and she wants to get baptized this weekend. So that was a huge miracle that happened yesterday. So NEXT Monday we'll send the baptismal pictures. :)
 
The less important things of this week included helping a member family move out, lots of other service, lots of dinner appointments with solid families. Exchanges with Elder Tanner Bertagnolli. Lots of cold weather, and warm weather. And this brings us now to Sunday.
 
Sunday was a day of MIRACLES!!!! And hunger. Fasting brings SO much miracles. "But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with power and authority of God." -Alma 17:3 So after all the miracles that happened with Maribel, we went to a dinner with a part-member family (non-member mother and RM son). It was incredible because A. We broke our fast and ate food. B. The food was delicious Lasagna. C. The RM son invited his girlfriend and introduced her to his Mom (so it was like a double date the son and his Girlfriend, my companion and the Mom, and me as the fifth wheel! ;). AND D. In the middle of dinner, his Mom, said I want my Son to Baptize Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was SO random and SO good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
So we're super excited for that. She said she wants to take time and prepare and I was like well yeah, we've only taught you the two missionary lessons. ;) It was so miraculous though. After that dinner we went and had a great lesson with our investigator who knows that church and the Book of Mormon are true, he's just waiting for his wife and kid to get back from El Salvador (hopefully soon) so they can all get baptized together. And then after that, a member family made us more Lasagna to take home and eat. I HEART LASAGNA!!!!! 'Twas a blessed day and my testimony of fasting grew tenfold. Honestly, I've had too many experiences on my missions where I've seen so many miracles while fasting to say that it doesn't help. Not only is it a great way to show the Lord we are humble and willing to obey His commandments, IT WORKS!!!! So DO IT!!!! And it doesn't have to be Fast Sunday either. It is whenever you want to. Just don't do it everyday. That's not healthy. ;) Well, that's my Spiritual Rant for the week. This email is a little shorter...BECAUSE I'M GOING TO NIAGARA FALLS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll send you pics of that next Monday, and of the Baptism!!!!! LIFE IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment