Friday, March 24, 2017

I had too much Ice Cream this last week. Wait?? Did I just say too much Ice Cream. I'm sorry. I'm really tired right now. ;)

LOGAN!!!! Send me pictures of Preference!! And all the dates you have been on!! And all the girls you have kissed!!! And don't touch my White Tuxedo!! She's off limits until I get home, unless you send me pictures and tell me your kissing stories (if you even have them).
I hope Grandma likes the surprise. Good luck!!
So this week...pretty average.
Monday we played sports and I drank a Shamrock Shake.
Tuesday it snowed. So we shoveled some peoples' driveways. We also had no students at our English Classes. :(
Wednesday we taught some people, did some service, and ate dinner with the couple that took us to Niagara Falls. We talked with them about getting sealed in the temple (because they haven't yet), and we're all hoping that they can get sealed within the next month and a half, so we can be there too. That would be SO cool!!!
Thursday we taught more people and did more service. We also went on splits with the Priests in our ward, taught some more people, then got Dairy Queen afterwards. Delicious!
Friday I had a huge District Meeting (because the APs and a Senior Missionary decided to come, in addition to my already overly large District). So we had some fun and did it like a Zone Meeting: Intermediate Hymns, Paperwork Stuff, etc. Then afterwards I set up an Ice Cream Bar for everyone, so it was pretty fun. I had too much Ice Cream this last week. Wait?? Did I just say too much Ice Cream. I'm sorry. I'm really tired right now. ;)
Also on Friday, I went on exchanges with THE Elder Bahr. My companion from the MTC with whom I served with for another two transfers. They were pretty great. And strange. A less-active member whom we're trying to teach his family asked us for a ride to his house, but when we went to pick him up, he was drunk (in addition to his already mental issues) and was covered in alcohol. It was quite the hullabaloo. He wouldn't get in the car, so we drove away. :}
Later Friday, we did some service and had an awesome dinner with Bishop Limon and his family. The Bishop here in Chinguacousy is one of the best men I've ever met, so it was a really fun night.
Saturday we actually had students at our English Classes. Then we taught some people and ate some lasagna.
Sunday was a pretty great/crazy day. So to start off. I was asked to play the piano/organ for Sacrament Meeting, because the girl who usually plays wasn't there. I wanted to play the organ, because it's better for Sacrament Meeting, but we find out that the girl who usually plays has the keys, and she wasn't there. So I figured I'd be playing the piano, but one of the members was able to get a key to the organ from the Bishop of another ward. So we unlock the organ, they run off, and a few minutes later, I realize that I need another key to turn the organ on. Sadly, we were not able to find that Bishop or the member who found that Bishop, so I was stuck on the piano. Which is fine...or so I thought.
During that Sacrament Meeting, Maribel was Confirmed and got the Gift of the Holy Ghost. But while we were standing in the circle, while Bishop was confirming her, somebody in the circle's phone went off. And it kept ringing. And it kept ringing. And ringing. Eventually Bishop paused. It was mid-Confirmation so no one wanted to take their hands off her head, so we just waited for the phone to stop ringing. But it didn't. It kept ringing. And ringing. Eventually Bishop tried to reach into the pocket of the person with the phone, with his free hand (left hand), but the person just took his right hand off her head and turned it off. We then continued the Confirmation and all went well. It was pretty bad. And then that person (I'm trying to be as ambiguous as I can) had to leave Sacrament meeting after the Confirmation, and as he was leaving, his phone went off AGAIN! So everyone knew who it was. So that was pretty funny. And embarrassing. Now it's my turn to be embarrassed.
So, while accompanying Sacrament Meeting, I was using an English Spiral-Bound Hymn Book to play, but I had marked all the songs in English and I knew which one's I was supposed to play (even though they were using Spanish Hymn Books). So all is going well until the Intermediate Hymn. Both the Music Conductor and I thought the Councilor Directing the meeting was going to announce the song, so we waited a second, but he didn't. So we both hopped up as fast as we could. I couldn't recall him announcing what song we were going to sing before, and for some reason, I decided not to look at the Hymn Numbers up on the wall. So I flipped to the song I though I was supposed to be playing and started pounding out the Introduction. The Bishopric is looking over in my direction, so at first I think I'm doing something wrong, but then the Music Conductor motions for everyone to stand up (like we do for the Intermediate Hymn). So I think I'm fine, but once I start playing the actual song, I hear a few voice, but realize that no one is really singing. I look around kind of confused and decide to just play the introduction again, because I think that maybe they just missed coming in. I once again start playing the song, and no one is singing. So I stop cold. And look around at everyone looking at me. Then I realize I'M PLAYING THE WRONG SONG!!!!!! I had flipped to what was supposed to be the closing song. So the Bishopric member conducting hops up and says, "I'll guess we'll be singing Hymn number nine." The WHOLE Congregation lets out this "OH" of realization, then they flip to Hymn Nine, I play the introduction again (for like the fifth time), and then we all sing the song. On a scale from one to extremely embarrassed, I was an Eleven. We rocked the closing song though. And now I'm over it. It was pretty hilarious all in all and I was able to joke around about it with a few members. Good times.
The rest of Sunday was pretty average. We visited with some people, taught some people. Had an awesome lunch with a Peruvian Family. There are a TON of Peruvian family's in this Ward.
I can't think of anything too applicable that I learned from this last week (other than turn off your cellphones during Sacrament Meeting and look at the Hymn Numbers on the wall :). So I'd like to take the opportunity to bear my Testimony of Jesus Christ. I've been reading the book Jesus the Christ a lot lately and I've always questioned myself what I would have done if I had lived in his time period. I always ask myself "Would I have tried to stop his Crucifixion?? Would I have fought to the tooth and nail to make sure he didn't die??" And I always want to say yes, but I've learned that Jesus Christ HAD to go through the things he went through. To the Tee. There were SO many prophecies on his life, his Atonement, his death, and his Resurrection; that if he didn't suffer and die exactly how he did, he would not have been the Prophesied Messiah. BUT, he did do all of that. He did Atone for not only our sins, but for our pains, our afflictions, our infirmities; so that he can understand EXACTLY what we're going through. He allowed himself to be mocked, beaten, and crucified. And then he rose from the grave, so that we may do the same. I know that he did all of these things. I know that he is our Savior and our God. He loves us so much and will ALWAYS be there for us. In our times of trouble and pain, and also in our times of joy and gladness. He is our Eldest Brother and he loves us so. And his love is Perfect. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment