Wednesday, January 25, 2017

It's the Dawn Of A New Era!!

It's the Dawn Of A New Era!!
Haha. Yeah. I know all the good places to live in in Ontario. I think I'm going to stay in America for awhile though. It's a lot better. :) 
AWW!! All this talk of snow makes me so jealous, "snow" jealous. Haha. Here in Leamington, Spring has come early. It has been raining for the last few days and it's been pretty warm and sunny. Pretty messed up stuff. Oh my goodness. Avatar and the Last Airbender. Have fun with that.
LOGAN!!!! Give me more details on your dates!!!! Send me pictures!!! And I still don't know who Olivia Christiansen is.
Good work on the ladies too, Micah. I liked your quote.
This last week was pretty glorious.
Monday we had a fun P-Day in Sarnia. We went to East Side Mario's. One of my favorite Canadian Italian Restaurants. Then we drove 2 1/2 hours and had a nice dinner appointment and later a sweet Family Home Evening with one of our Hispanic Investigators. He's doing great and is going to get baptized soon. :)
Tuesday through Thursday were days of hard core blitzing (or putting up fliers). We just got permission and the materials to start English Classes here in Leamington and we've been passing out lots of cards and putting up lots of fliers to make it well known. We also had some good appointments and dinners on Tuesday. 
On Wednesday we blitzed in Windsor and it was super fun to be in a bigger city again. Lots of crazy people and places. I Heart Toronto.
Thursday I went on exchanges with Elder Ethan Mathewson from Calgary. He's such a good guy and we had a good time. While on the road, we saw a Utah license plate, so we followed this guy around for like 15 minutes, inconspicuously. Finally he parked at some Rec Center and got out of his car. A father with two little kids. Definitely a Mormon. We didn't talk to him though. Because I mean like "Hi, we're Mormons probably just like you so. I'm also from Utah so we followed you for like 15 minutes to talk to you." Weird. So we went to our dinner appointment instead.
Friday we had my last (hopefully) District Meeting. It was super fun. And afterwards I went on exchanges to London with Elder Adam Taylor, from Kaysville, Utah. And yeah, he's related to Flints. So we told everyone that we are cousins. On exchanges we taught lots of Arabian people who didn't speak much English. We also had a sweet dinner appointment with a family from Utah. So that was fun. Saturday night we got a phone call from two Hispanics that were interested in the English Classes, so we invited them to church on Sunday. And they came!!!
Sunday was pretty nuts because they came right after sacrament meeting started and I was on the stand directing the music. They spoke like No English, so I booked it off the stage and gave them headphones (because I translate the meetings into Spanish). Then I went back on stage, translated the meeting, directed the music, and Elder Olson and I sang "Nearer My God To Thee" in English and Spanish as a musical number. We made a lot of people cry, so that was successful. We had a lot of lessons Sunday and saw lots of success. So we were super happy.
Today, we have a sweet P-Day planned where we're going to meet up as a District and go to the sauna, get all you can eat sushi, and if time allows, go to a Sikh and a Masonic temple and see if they give tours. So we're pretty pumped.
Yesterday, our Stake President came and gave a stellar talk in Sacrament meeting. He gave us ways we can be happier in life and have joy. Those ways were things like "raise your eyebrows more and laugh, open your windows and get some fresh air, go on a walk or a jog, eat a little bit of chocolate everyday, etc." It was pretty great and just made me realize more how important it is to be happy in life. Life is not meant to be lived sad, so if you're sad in life, Change your life!!!! Change things up so that you can be happy. Do what you want and what you love!!! This life is to short to not be happy. I love you all and hope that you have a great week. Chao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment