Thursday, January 19, 2017

I ate too much pizza today.

I ate too much pizza today.
That's really all I can think of right now.
But HEY! The trip sounds like it was pretty fun. Savannah, you make me laugh so hard. I Spy A Hobo. I'm very jealous that you all got so much snow. We got a little storm here. But it melted within, like, hours. I'm glad you got my cards. And a letter from Sister Saunderson. She is definitely one of my mothers here in Leamington. You'll probably get another letter from a member here. The members love us here. I don't know why. We don't really do anything. ;)
Okay, we do some things. This is what we did last week.
Tuesday, P-Day. We had the Elders from Windsor come to our place because my companion got super sick. So we ate the cheesecake, went to the sauna, and later that day we met with a less-active member, who came to church yesterday!!! So that was fun.
Wednesday, I went on exchanges with an Elder Ceyvion Wilkins. He's a super great missionary from California and we had an awesome time. We visited the most crazy member of our Branch and we stayed up really late talking. Then he wanted to go to the sauna in the morning (the sauna is now a tradition in the District, everyone in the District will experience it :). Trust me though, going to the sauna in the morning is not fun. You think it wakes you up and clears you up. It not only makes you not awake, it just makes you sweaty and gross too.
Later that day, we went and shoveled snow for a lot of people. We went by a less active member who had just gotten into a bike accident. He had got into a state of hibernation, but we were able to wake him up and meet with him. It was nice. For dinner, we got Pupusas (because Elder Wilkins hadn't experienced them yet). Then we drove two hours to London, to stay the night for a Zone Council the next day. We were supposed to have a practice, that night, for a musical number I was in charge of for the Zone Council. But it turned into a "no one came" and "no one wanted to be in it" kind of practice. So that stunk.
The next morning, we regrouped for the musical number and practiced and actually did a pretty great job. I played the piano and sang a solo for it and the other solo was by.....drum roll.....SISTER SMOOT!!! Then we sang a duet in the song. So they're you go, Dad. Be happy. I'll share the video with your google drive, so you can watch the musical number, because it's too big to send.
Later that day, I had interviews with President Shields. He is such a good time. It was more of a fun conversation that an interview. Just so you know, Mom, he told me I can play the games on P-Day (as long as I don't get obsessed with them). So the question now is if I'm going to actually play them or not. ;) After interviews, I went on another exchanged with Elder Berret Robison from Idaho Falls, Idaho. He is a great guy that just got sent to my District (because of an emergency transfer). We of course went to the sauna that night. :)
On Saturday, we had a lot of plans, but we had to go to Windsor to do an apartment inspection, because their superintendent was complaining. But there was nothing wrong. We then went to Chatham to exchanged back. So...lots of driving for me.
Sunday, we were asked to teach Primary, which was great because we had a new Primary-aged investigator at church that day. AND we were assigned to teach the First Vision. So we just taught the First Discussion, which went great. We haven't seen an investigator at church since we got here in Leamington, so it was quite a miracle. Later that night, we watched the YSA Devotional where President & Sister Nelson talked, with our New Convert. It was SUPER good.
One thing that President Nelson really focused on, and something I'll echo right now is he focused on the teachings and lives of two people (or groups of people): The Modern Day Prophets and Jesus Christ. He talked about if how if we want to be some of the greatest leaders of the world, we need to study the words and doings of some of the greatest leaders that have ever lived in this world. It was really a wake up call for me, because I know that I could be studying the life and words of Jesus Christ a lot more than I am. And this is my challenge to all of you. Studying the life of Jesus Christ, read about him, watch the Bible Videos about him, and then live like he did. Our purpose in this life is to become like Jesus was and to become like Jesus is now. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!!! Chao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment