Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Things are bout to get nuts over here.
So we got transfer calls last night. And I am going to be going to a little town called Leamington. It's the most Souther Part of Ontario and it's basically a hick town (agricultural stuff). My new companion's name is Elder Kaden Olsen. He's an English missionary and I've never met him before. So the area is an English Area (with an English Branch), but there's a lot of Spanish people there. So I'll have some fun. I'm super excited though. Elder Valliere, my trainee, is going to Mississauga (my last area) and I super pumped for him.
I'm sorry you got sick this week, Mom. Most all of the missionaries here have been sick too. The coughing is endless. It's funny because we all really like the cold, so we always sleep with the windows open and blow the AC in the car (although it's already quite cold outside), and that problems doesn't help our colds at all. Still we do it. Missionaries are a strange folk.
I'm glad to hear about all the fun Halloween stuff, driers, music, Ice Skating (not sure how that rink is going to work??), and DI.
So apart from sending a companion home, this last week was quite fun. We worked a lot with our Blind Mexican Member. We went thrift shopping with him and bought him a white shirt and tie for Sunday. He looked SO Fly yesterday. He's one of my favorite people in the world. I'm going to miss him.
Last Friday, we had a fun Zone Council, where the Zone (aka Another Elder and I) made breakfast for everyone. It turned out really well and the meeting was great.
Yesterday (Sunday), we were blessed to have a lot of our less active members come to church. We were able to get one of them a temple recommend and family names to take to the Missionary Sponsored Temple Trip this Saturday. It was SO sweet to get everything set up for that trip. I just wish I could go. :'(
Later that night, we met with one of my favorite Spanish Families, the Sifuentes; and another member families. The food was incredible and because I figured I was going to be leaving, I shared with them John 15:12-14, which reads "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." I couldn't even get throught the scripture without bursting into tears. I later told them that they were my friends and they were one of my families in Toronto. Many tears were shed. I'm struggling right now just typing this. I then bore my testimony to them and then Hermana Sifuentes (probably my favorite mom in Toronto), gave the closing prayers. And the waterfalls came out. It was quite the bittersweet goodbye. I pray I'll come back here. But I know that that scripture I shared with them is true. "Greater love hath no man than...laying down his life for his friends." People are incredible. The church is incredible. You form much stronger bonds with others as the Spirit is involved. I love all of my family here in Toronto. I'm sad to be leaving them. But that's life, eh?? I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week.
I'll send the rest of the pictures of the Toronto Island/Halloween, later today, hopefully. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment